01: Chapter One.

-Dedicated to @sweatvr for making the original cover for this (which I have changed, but hers was beautiful!!) I love you girl! x

●════════●♥●════════●

The Girlfriend Project

Chapter One

~Niall's pov.~

I looked out into the vast arena, filled to the brim with thousands and thousands of screaming teenage fan-girls. It was the first of many Take Me Home tour dates, and I was already searching.

I was searching the crowd for my princess. She could be anyone, and she could be anywhere. The lads had called this little… ‘thing’ of mine, The Girlfriend Project.’ So yes, the project was underway.

The last notes and beats of our last song faded away, and I was grinning from ear to ear. “Thank you so much everyone!” I heard Liam say into his microphone.

“Ye, it was wonderful having ye!” I said, and even more screams (which I didn’t think was possible) erupted from the completely massive crowd.

The rest of the lads each spoke for a brief moment; we introduced our band, and hurried offstage. Like always – I had gotten such a rush from the show.

I headed backstage, exhausted from the day. “Hey mate!” Louis ran up behind me and slapped my back. “Good show, aye!?” He grinned. I love Louis don’t get me wrong, but sometimes he can be a little much, a little overwhelming, one might say.

“Yeah, it was a great show. The crowds are even better now than last summer.” I smiled, it was true. I loved performing, but for some reason since I had thought of the whole project I was a bit wiped out. “I’m soo tired.” I yawned, stretching my arms.

“Well, the helicopter is waiting for us back there, mate.” Louis continued to grin at me, and we caught up with the other lads, climbing into the massive machine.

Sleep quickly found me, as we flew over the city towards the direction of our hotel.

~*~

When I awoke, I was already in my hotel bed, Liam on the other side of the small bedroom.

“Hey mate, next time you better wake up so I don’t have to carry you, you’re heavy.” He teased, very un-Liam like. Of course, after a long concert our personalities always switched up a bit. Liam was smirking.

“What happened?” I sighed, already getting the feeling that I had been pranked, probably by Louis.

“Oh, nothing. I did get you a few numbers of some Directioners though, you know, so you can be more productive with your project.”