²¹Eunoia

(n.) beautiful thinking. a well mind.

***

TIME PASSED BY quickly whilst staying at Regulus' home. It felt like she'd only
been there for a few days but the days became weeks.

Adira was worried that she was overstaying her welcome but Regulus made sure to reassure her everyday that she could stay as long as she wanted and that he didn't really want her to go otherwise he'd be lonely.

Now it was new year's eve eve. The party was tomorrow and would continue on into the new year.

Adira would be more excited if she wasn't still exhausted and feeling weak.

Regulus had been taking care of her which annoyed her to no end, sure, it was sweet but she felt like he was treating her as if she was made out of glass.

She appreciated the care and she would've died without him, but at the same time she missed arguing with him.

Regulus felt the same, he was happy to be there to take care of the girl that he was enamoured by however it felt weird that their dynamic had gone from arguing and tension to friendly and happy so quickly.

It felt unnatural and the both of them didn't really know how to deal with it.

Currently, Regulus was running all around the house trying to make it look more presentable for when all of his friends came over, Adira tried to offer her help however he huddled her over to the couch, made her sit down, got her a glass of water, and then he continued to clean himself.

Adira sat on the couch, watching him try to reach the top corner in his living room to get a cobweb down.

"Nobody's going to be looking in the corner of your living room Reg it's fine." She laughed, watching him jump to try and reach it, the boy was tall but his house was much taller.

"You don't know that." He sighed, looking around for something to use as a ladder. "I like to be organised."

She simply nodded, she never really expected the boy to be so focused on cleanliness.

"Give me a piggyback and i'll be able to reach it i think." Adira said, putting her water down on the table and walking over to him.

"No, No, No, you're still in recovery im not risking you getting hurt." Regulus said quietly, still looking around the room.

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not made of glass okay i've been in your so called 'Recovery' for about two weeks."

He turned and looked at her, "You almost died."

She smirked, "Wasn't the first time and i doubt it'll be the last." She laughed darkly.

Regulus rolled his eyes and pointed at her, "Not funny, I can do it myself it's fine."

Adira huffed, "Well you clearly can't, come on just give me a piggy back!"

"No! Not happening sit down!"

She raised an eyebrow at that, "Sit down?"

Regulus immediately turned around to look her properly, "Sorry, it just slipped out." He raised his hands in the air in a defensive way.

"You will be sorry Regulus black." She muttered before jumping up at him, preparing to fight.

Regulus grabbed her shoulders and tried pushing her backwards before she could grab him.

Unfortunately for him, Adira was much faster, she gripped the back of his neck and pulled him to the ground.

"What are you actually doing! get off me!" Regulus laughed, trying to get the girl off without accidentally hurting her.