⁷Metanoia

(n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life,

***

DINNER IS ONE of the only things that Adira likes about hogwarts, and she enjoys it even more when she knows that she has no lessons after it.

picking up an apple, she looks around the room to see if anything was going on, usually there would be something interesting she could cast her attention on.

looking at the Gryffindor table she sees her brother sat with Sirius and their other idiotic 'friends'.

as she goes to pick up the apple to take another bite, she pauses as someone sits down beside her aggressively.

turning her face, she sees Regulus.

"Can i help you?" She asks, returning her gaze to the apple on her plate.

The boy stays silent, simply looking at her before smirking, "possibly."

Rolling her eyes she says, "Pig."

"No, actually i came over here to ask you if you've thought anymore about my request?"

"You asked me to be your fake wife less than 24 hours ago, give a girl the chance to breathe won't you?"

"Yes, however i don't want to keep him waiting..."

'him' as in the dark lord.

Adira never really cared for the man, he was just another old rich white guy who appointed himself as someone important.

She doesn't regret becoming a deatheater, for a few reasons.

1. She's finally seen as an individual.
2. She got a wicked tattoo for joining.
3. She's learned things that she could never have learned with traditional methods.

However she doesn't like the fact she's going to have to kill, again.

She doesn't like the fact men are seen as better in their society.

And she also doesn't like having to spend time with Regulus.

"I understand that, if it's stressing you out go and ask another pure blooded woman for their hand in fake marriage, i'm sure it would be oh so appealing." She replies sarcastically.

"I asked you because i know that you don't want to marry. If i'm being honest, neither do i... So what's the point in getting into marriages and having to pretend we love someone when we could just... stick together?"

"Stick together? What is this girl scouts?"

"Come on Adira, be serious about this, it's the best option for both of us and you know this."

"What if one day meet a man who i fall in love with, would you be willing to continue having this fake marriage knowing i would never be yours?"

"I wouldn't be yours either." He scoffs, "We'd just show up to the meetings, act lovey dovey and then go our separate ways."

"We'd have to live together dickhead."

"I'll buy you the finest mansion." He says, Smirking at her.

She try's to home in the laugh bubbling at the back of her throat, "What about when the dark lord makes us have children to carry on his legacy?"

"I'm not one to brag but you wouldn't be disappointed by my capabilities in the bedroom, Adira."

"Come on Regulus, be serious about this." She scowls.

"I am." He replies, that aggravating smirk finally washing off his face.

She pauses before continuing to go through everything that could go wrong.