³Onism

ONISM
(n.) the awareness of how little of the universe you'll experience.

——————————————

he sat down in his living room in the chair that belonged to his grandfather.

his mother is sat down infront of him moaning on about the same shit as always that he's learned how to tune it out, ignore what she's saying.

"regulus? are you even listening?"

"yes mother" he lies. he already knows what she's saying and he doesn't care.

"you have a meeting later today." she says, standing up and beginning to walk around the room.

"i'm aware." he replies.

"don't take that tone." walburga scoffs, but then her face softens, "you are the only son i have left and i am proud that you will continue our views until your last breath. but you must show it to him, not just me"

regulus stays silent, not knowing how to reply to that, he loves his mother because she is all that he has, he doesn't have a brother anymore so he cannot lose his only family that he's close too.

he can't help but imagine what life would be like now if sirius never left him alone.

"do you know what this meeting is about?" he clears his throat before asking.

his mother stops walking for a second before turning around and rushing to sit down next to him.

"you want a family, don't you reggie" she places her hands on his face.

he prays to every lord known to man that she isn't offering.

"...maybe, possibly, eventually"

"it is our job as purebloods to keep supplying the world with people like us, more supporters for the dark lord and we must keep our bloodline strong"

by that she means he must probably marry his cousin and hope his child doesn't come out with 3 legs.

he stays silent causing her to strengthen her grasp on his face, making him wince a little, but he'd never show it.

"you do agree? don't you?" she asks, her eyes wide and seemingly crazy.

"yes mother"

"excellent" she lets go of his face causing him to rub his jaw with his hand.

"mother." he says quietly.

she looks at him, eyes wide and mouth as a small grin.

"yes, son?"

"have you already arranged me a marriage?" he asks but he fears the answer, this isn't the first time that she's talked about marriage but it's getting a more common subject as the war brews.

"not yet, i'd have to see what she looks like, how smart she is, how well she can do common housework and chores."

regulus didn't know what he wanted in a wife, she couldn't be ugly because then he wouldn't have any attraction to her. skin colour, weight, height, who cares. blood, pure obviously not that it mattered to him as much as it did too his mother.

"have any of the other... younger supporters been set up in marriages yet?"

his mother seems to be thinking for a moment.

"not that i'm aware of, but i do know that a few of the males have been looking at their options, we must be quick before all the good women are taken"

she walks talking about women as if they was nothing but something at an auction.