¹²Cosmogyral

(adj.) whirling around the universe
***
(please read the a/n)

27th March, 1968.

James Potters eighth birthday. A day that everyone in the family took extremely seriously.

The most important memories in your life are the ones that shape you as a child, in return shaping your personality and preparing you for adulthood.

Adira Potter was 6 at the time, turning 7 in a few weeks. She was excited for James' birthday as she loved chocolate cake... Like a lot, If there was ever a party you'd be able to find the small girl with her face inside a chocolate cake.

"Okay, Adira you go and hang up the balloons in the living room ready for James to wake up." Her mother said, rushing around the room in an attempt to make everything perfect.

It was 6am. Adira had been woken up early in an attempt to make the room perfect.

"Where do you want me to put his presents love?" Her father said, standing next to the bookcase next to the couch.

Adira peered up in order to look at the presents in her fathers hand. There was a lot of them.

"Just there will be fine." Euphemia smiled.

"Mum" Adira said, her voice quiet and the wanting of sleep laced in her voice.

"Yes? What is it?" Her mother replied, not bothering to look at her daughter and continuing to set up.

"Why does James have so many presents? For my birthday i got some woolen gloves." She asked, you could hear the jealousy in her tone, but could you blame her? The girl was only six years old and wanted to know why her brother got everything.

Her mother finally looked down at her, with an expression of what can only be described as a grimace, "Well, you see dear Jamsie is our first child." She paused

Euphemia sat down on the couch and waved Adira to come closer to her, once she did the young girl was picked up and placed on her mothers knee.

"We're older than most mothers and fathers, we never thought we'd even be able to have children... However then we had James, he's a special boy." Her voice sounded childish and playful, but Adira wasn't stupid, she understood what she was trying to say.

"What about me? Am i special?" Adira asked.

silence.

"You... was unexpected. We didn't expect to have another baby so quickly after having Jamsie."

"Does that mean you didn't want me?"

"Oh of course not." Her father said from the bookshelf, "Unexpected isn't necessarily a bad thing." He said, but his voice sounded mocking.

She looked back at her mother just as she saw her sarcastically smiling before changing her face back into a soft expression once she caught Adira looking.

That was the first time Adira felt like an outsider in her own home. In her own family, and it would only get worse from there.

***

"Detention? With Black, how the hell have you managed that then?" Peggy asked as they sat down for dinner.

"He was talking and apparently that means i have to take the consequences of his actions." She said with an eye roll.

"You and Regulus seem to have gotten a lot closer recently though, what's all that about?" Narcissa asked innocently all though her voice sounded accusing.