⁴Liberty

liberty:
(n.): liberty is the ability to do as one pleases, It is a synonym for the word freedom.

***

THE ROOM WAS warm, full of thick air, bodies moving around the middle of the common room in rhythm.

drinks being poured in one corner, cigarettes being smoked in the other and all other types of... activities in every place noticeable.

Adira, Peggy and Narcissa walked into the common room unnoticed by almost everyone, except by Lucius, Snape and Regulus.

Adira saw Lucius staring at Peggy fondly, making narcissa uncomfortable, she did just say his favourite colour was blue and she dashed to the wardrobe and grabbed the first blue dress she could find.

but what Adira didn't see was Regulus' reaction when she walked in wearing the green dress, his jaw going slack for a moment before he turned it into his signature smirk.

the three boys walked over to the girls.

"Narcissa, come here i need to talk to you..." Lucius said, dragging her away from the other girls, looking angry? for some reason.

Peggy leaned against the wall, flashing her straight pearly white teeth at both boys, "any of you two boys want to come get a drink with me?"

Snape was looking around the room, there wasn't just slytherins but ravenclaws and a few hufflepuffs, he seemed disappointed?

"black? fancy a drink?" she asked again when neither of them replied.

"whores aren't my type" he replied, taking a cigarette out his pocket and placing it in his mouth.

Peggy laughed, not caring at all about his insults, "suit yourself." before walking over to the drinks table, dragging snape with her and leaving Black and Adira alone. "you're welcome" she mouthed.

"so potter, tell me... did you wear that for my benefit?"

she laughed, "you wish black, i'm wearing this because i look good in it."

the boy shrugs, "i've seen better"

rolling her eyes, she walks away from
the boy and towards Peggy.

by the time she reached her, she was already downing every drink on the table.

"jesus, slow down we've already got nail polish on our carpet i don't want your sick aswell" Adira laughs.

"shut up and have a drink with me" she hands Adira a red plastic cup filled with what Adira can only imagine as being the strongest substance Peggy could find.

she lifts the cup up to her lips before downing the entire cup, causing the brunette girl next to her to start cheering.

handing her a refill they cheers before Evan walks over, filling up two cups, handing one to Regulus and keeping one himself.

the four down more and more drinks as the music gets louder and the lights get brighter.

they do that for about an hour.

***

THE GROUP OF FOUR WERE STUMBLING AROUND the room, peggy slurring to evan who was looking at her strangely, and Adira and Regulus who was trying to claw there way to the dance floor but were failing miserably.

"dance with me potter" Regulus slurred.

usually Adira would laugh and tell him to fuck off but she took his hand and they both wobbled to the middle.