Chapter 1

I kicked off my ninja sandals as I made my way into my apartment. Cursing Lady Tsunade. Who did she think she was ordering me to leave the hospital for a "well overdue vacation" the old bat should mind her business once in a while.

I felt a smidge of guilt saying that. I know she is right but if I'm not working I have nothing to live for. If I'm not on a mission or at the hospital I might as well curl up and die.

I don't have a social life outside of the hospital staff. I've turned into a workaholic and well an alcoholic courtesy of Lady Tsunade and our drinking escapades.

She was ultimately right. I needed to rest.

I made my way to the bathroom hesitating before I looked in the mirror. I could no longer recognize the person I've become. My hair was significantly longer all the way down my back, but it lost its shine. The bags under my eyes were almost as bad as Gaara's my cheeks have sunk in due to the drastic weight I've lost from not eating and surviving off of soldier pills and sake.

It was like looking at a stranger. It almost hurt.

I threw my clothes in the hamper and got in the shower setting it to a scolding hot temperature. Easing in the water I washed myself up and got out. I brushed my long hair and it pissed me off as I snagged on a million knots. Note to self CUT YOUR HAIR!

When finished I grabbed a black tank top and black shorts from my dresser and got dressed. They were my comfy clothes. I didn't have any plans today, usually I would expect Ino to come by and drag me out the house but she is out of town on her honey moon with Sai.

Naruto and Hinata were dating, Lee and TenTen were planning a wedding, shikamaru and temari were off and on but romantically involved nonetheless.

I on the other hand had no interest in love I'd like to say or maybe love didn't have any interest in me. I did feel slightly jealous when I would see a happy couple walking down the street, sharing a kiss or even at the store with their child laughing as if they had no care in the world. I sometimes wondered if I would have that but before I could dwell I would immediately drown the thought. I was far too busy for romance.

I went to my favorite cabinet, yes you guessed it right the liquor cabinet. I pulled out my favorite brand of whisky. I was feeling a little melancholic and nothing like whisky on ice to drown the pain.

I began pouring when a knock interrupted me.

"SAKURAAA OPEN UP OR I'LL BEAT THE DOOR DOWN"

Fuck... I mentally rolled my eyes I love Naruto I really do he is the brother I never had but for God sake he gives me a headache sometimes.

I set my glass on my end table before I went to the door.

"Hold on give me a sec"

I opened up to a beaming naruto and a stoic faced uchiha.

I felt my heart sink so far down in my stomach it made me want to throw up.

"I know right! Hard to believe huh Sakura! Sasukes back! Let us in!"

I mentally scolded myself for looking so dumb and caught of guard. I stepped to the side letting the two men in.

Have a seat I pointed at the couch in front of me sitting across from them.

"We stopped by the hospital but Granny said you're on vacation and weren't there! So we came here right away!" Naruto smiled.

"Mmm, very nice of you to seek me out, now what do you want" I sighed trying to sound cool and unbothered.

"Wellllllll SASUKES BACK!"

Yeah, I see. I kept my stare on Naruto not giving sasuke one glance.

Naruto didn't catch on to my rudeness or maybe he did and didn't care.