Chapter Four Pt.1

The Ruins

-Vale-
-Emerald Forest-
-Arno Attano-

Arno is stood in a line with other students on the cliff, his hands held tightly behind his back, his hood is down, almost flat against his shoulders, Glynda is stood beside Ozpin on the cliff.

Ozpin takes a drink of his mug, then speaks, "For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." He glances to Glynda.

She nods, "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of 'teams.' Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion." She looks between each of the students, "Each of you will be given teammates... Today." She states.

Arno hears Ruby gasp, and an orange haired girl yelling she told someone so, Arno sighs, shaking his head...

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon." Ruby groans loudly, "So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well."

"Pyrrha maybe? Or maybe Weiss..." Arno looks down as he thinks, crossing his arms across his chest, suddenly Ozpin clears his throat.

"Ahem," Arno looks up, "Thank you Mr. Attano for volunteering." Arno hums, raising a brow, he looks down as he feels the silver platform beneath him creak.

"Wh-" It flings him up and forward over the forest, "Flying now!" He flails his arm and legs, trees soaring past below him.

His breathing starts to calm, he looks into the trees, the mark on the back of his hand begins to glow as he aims his hand down, he clenches his fist and blinks down into a tree, stopping in place.

"Phew... Huh..." Arno pants as he catches his breath, reaching for his mask, he slips it onto his face, pulling the hood up, he looks around until his heart beats loudly, that's the ruins...

Shifting a bit, Arno begins to run through the trees, blinking forward whenever the trees become to far apart, suddenly he jumps from the trees, rolling as he lands, "There it is, hm... Got here faster than I expected! Good work, me."

He walks closer, the closer he gets the harder and louder his heartbeat is, as he makes it into the middle of the ruin his heart stops, forcing him to stumble back and hold his chest...

As he looks down, he notices a stone, fairly loose, kneeling down, he pulls his sword from his belt, flipping it open, he uses the blade to cut into the dirt holding the rock, then he lifts it, whispers leave the floor as he tosses the stone aside...

One of these... His father has a few in a case back home, they enhance the Outsiders abilities...

A Rune...

It's about the size of his face, and it feels heavy in his hands as he lifts it, suddenly the Outsider appears, floating a foot from the ground

"Ozpin has many secrets, Arno, many secrets buried deep in the earth..." The Outsider hums, "I shall also add that you shouldn't trust his words, for many are cleverly built lies to protect himself."

The Outsider looks up, "Hm, it appears you have company." Quickly turning, Arno spots two people, a man and a women from the shape of their bodies.

" Quickly turning, Arno spots two people, a man and a women from the shape of their bodies

They wear old whale hunting outfits, along with factory worker masks... The woman steps forward, holding her hand out, "The rune... Hand it over, boy."

"Or don't, it'd be nice to kill an Attano." The male states, rolling the shoulder of his sword arm, the woman sighs.

"Even this boy could kill you, shut up and let me do the talking." The woman states, the man grunts backing off.

"Dad told me about you... Whalers, right? Work for Daud... Bunch of lowlife assassins." Arno shifts, his right hand hooking the rune beneath his trenchcoat tail, and on the back of his belt.

"Oh, great, we're the lowlifes!" The man laughs, the woman groans.

"Shut it!" She shouts at her teammate, "Give us the rune, Attano." She demands, holding her hand out.

"No." Arno pulls his sword from his belt, flipping it open, "And I won't let you take it, either."

The woman sighs, but the man laughs, "Yeah! We get to kill an Attano!"

"Fine... Have it your way." They both drew their swords, circling Arno...

The woman lunged first, her blade slicing through the air towards his throat, but he effortlessly parried her strike, bringing up his boot, kicking her in the chest, she hits the ground, rolling backward.

The man vanishes, appearing behind Arno, attempting a surprise attack, unfazed, the young man reacted quickly, their swords sliding together, the man pushes his blade all the way down to the hilt of Arno's sword, which makes him chuckle beneath his mask...

Twisting, Arno rips the sword form the mans hand, throwing him past Arno into the floor with a yelp, the six hooks at the top of the hilt act as a disarmer...

The woman, now recovered, blinks forward, she stabs forward, only for Arno to slap her sword away with his own, the man recovers, growling as he runs to grab his sword, the man swings overhead, slamming down, Arno sidesteps, then kicks the mans knee, he falls down, but blinks away as Arno stabs his sword forward.

The two recover, breathing heavily, "He's good..." The man grunts.

"Obviously, you idiot," The woman shakes her head, "...You know what to do."

The two vanish, and as Arno glances around, the two blink above him, swords raised, time seems to slow, Arno having waved his hand accidentally.

Two attackers... One sword, he can block one, but he has to dodge the other... Raising his sword a bit, he chooses...

Block Womans Attack

-

Block Mans Attack

~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is really short, but it's part one of the second one, now this I pretty important... Only two walk out of this fight...