Chapter 4

Good morning, another day going to the supposedly amazing school.

That day Giuseppe was driving us, he was our driver when Francesco and my mother couldn't take us, they had already told me that he would normally take us because dad and mom had to go to work early.

<< Wait, did I just call Francesco, dad? Oh Lord. How? He came out alone... >>

*****
Riiiiiiiiing

<< The Patio, finally, he needed it now, he needed to talk, eat, get fresh air, etc >>

Leaving the room, I said goodbye to Nicol as he directed me towards my locker, where he kept everything and had my money saved for lunch, I wanted to buy something.

In line at the bar, I could notice that everyone was turning to look at the door. A group entered the cafeteria, I looked out of the corner of my eye because I didn't want it to be noticed that I was looking at them.

They walked past me and I stared at a boy. I had seen it before, it was Aiko, I kept watching.

<<No Antonella, no, remember what they told you>>

They continued advancing until they reached the bar and stayed there, sneaking past all the members of that long line, although I think they didn't care.

I continued watching him, I couldn't take my eyes off him.

After a few seconds I realized that he had seen me and above all he saw me looking at him. He was laughing, I could see how he made a little face and laughed a little with a toothpick in his mouth. That laugh...

He gestured for me to go with him, with his right hand while he waited for them to bring him what he had ordered.

<< I'm worried that Flavio or Nicol will see me with him, or that someone will complain >>

<< 1, 2, 3... >>

As he went I was able to see his face in more detail. It was more beautiful than I thought, I felt as if a bomb exploded in my gut, as if a giant knot was tied inside my tiny body.

In front of him, he looked me up and down, while I thought, what problem would there be with my family and his, he didn't seem like a bad person:

-Do you want one of these? -A voice filled my mind, making me return to Earth-I invited, calmly- while he pointed out a soft drink.

"Why not?" I said with a cold tone.

-That's it. Shall we go?

"Sure," I said while he looked at the ground.

"Hey, you've never told me your name," he said politely.

At that moment I remembered what Flavio and Nicol told me. My whole chip changed, I went from shy to extreme.

-Antonella, but Tone is easier for you to remember.

-Antonella... I like it, it's a pretty name...How should I say it? Pleasant? Pretty?

"Thank you for giving me these nice comments," I said with a sarcastic tone.

When we arrived at the patio I felt how everyone was looking at us, each person was looking at us, each one with a different way. I turned and went inside.