Chapter 3

The ride home was very quiet, so much so that you could hear the car starting and it was electric. They still hadn't said a single word to me, I had been doing my homework for a while. It was almost over.

Someone knocked on the door, giving it three weak knocks, of course it was Nicol with Flavio, what a surprise. The two sitting in front of me began to talk.

"How do you and Aiko know each other?" Nicol said with an unpleasant tone.

"I bumped into him when I was going to enter class, before the playground," I said sincerely and confidently, although those faces did not change.

"Yes, yes..." said Flavio with a sarcastic tone and in a whisper.

"Don't ever get together with him again," they both told me, with their arms crossed. "Do you understand? There are reasons why but...

Before he finished speaking:

"I'm not interested," I said, looking at the ground.

"We're telling you this for your own good," Flavio said.

And a few seconds later, they were not in my room. They disappeared through the door as if they had been blown away by the wind.

*****

We had already had dinner, nothing out of the ordinary, it was in the window reading "Pride and Prejudice."

The street was quiet, with little atmosphere, it was strange. Everyone was in their room. It was cold. You could see the moon. Very beautiful. Big. And bright.

The doorbell had just rung but I think Gianna had already gone because a low conversation was heard in the dining room. Footsteps were heard passing in front of my door, I heard two male voices in the process of maturation. I can recognize the first voice, Flavio, that was her voice, the second, it seemed familiar to me, I had already heard it elsewhere.

The waiter!

<<I can't believe it>>

<< He even harasses me in my own house >>

<< Surely he has become friends with my brother, to talk to me >>

I was going to the bathroom and passed in front of Flavio's room. Out of the corner of my eye I could see that the room had the door open.

-Hey Tone! "Come meet my best friend," Flavio told me, at that moment I would like to have been invisible. How? Do you have a best friend? And you had never told me? I was shocked.

-Oh okay.

-This is Matteo.

He shook my hand with a wide smile from ear to ear, I unconsciously shook his hand as he understood the information. I don't see my face but I can imagine it.

-You're the waiter from the other day, right? -I had a intrigue for him to answer me because I also wanted to know where my umbrella is.

"Yes, beautiful," he told me, although I made a face of displeasure at the final comment he made. So I left, following the path I had previously planned.

Matteo was not ugly, he had curly hair, it reached below his ears; he had coffee brown eyes; His mouth had thin, reddish lips. He was quite tall, he was a head taller than me, like Flavio. He had an athletic body, since he and Flavio played basketball, they were quite good.

When I got to my beloved bed, I put on my headphones and started listening to my favorite song for these hours, it's called "Love In The Dark" by Adele. It made me feel something incredible, it filled a small hole in me that I have never been able to fill permanently, a dark hole that I hoped would be filled and I would feel full.