Fall From Grace

"Let it be known, I did not fall from grace - I leapt to freedom." - Ansel Elkins

Finally.

It was finally here.

Weiss couldn't help the deranged giggle that left her throat as she flew through the air, cutting down any and all grimm in her way. She was covered in black blood and ash, looking like a fallen angel as she blasted through the sky by virtue of the Hōgyoku. In the chaos, she had taken flight, breaking through the glass ceiling of the colosseum at impossible speed.

"The time has finally come! The end of the world, an end brought about by me, the vanguard of a new age!" Weiss cackled as she cut apart a nevermore with a spear of lightning that reached out from her palm. The monsters were flocking at her by the dozens, all being mercilessly slaughtered by the immortal heiress who was almost high in ecstasy.

She could sense the happenings below her as well, it seemed that her little flower had put on a brave face, rallying the students and getting on one of the Bullheads that was going towards Beacon to defend their school in an effort to mitigate casualties. But she knew it was for naught, Cinder would strike there too. She could sense the amber eyed villainess already at the school, probably waiting for the students and staff to arrive. Weiss didn't know what she was planning, but she didn't really care. They would all die anyway, every last one of them.

'Especially you, Ruby Rose.' Weiss snarled at the thought of her girlfriend, backhanding another nevermore that had tried to gorge her from behind. Its head exploded into a shower of viscera, black blood splattering onto Weiss' dress as she soared through the skies. It was like liquid ecstasy, making Weiss cackle even harder as thunder crashed around her. Just her very presence was causing the beginnings of natural disasters, the clouds beginning to darken, a reflection of her heart.

She could imagine Ruby's face, terrified yet determined, her silver eyes shining with radiant glory. The young girl was probably worried for her, but it seemed that her faith in Weiss was undying, for Weiss knew that if Ruby knew anything, it was that she was the strongest.

Weiss took her sweet time flying towards Beacon, acting as an angel of death who slaughtered every grimm in her way. Their screeches sounded all around her, but nothing could match the Hōgyoku's whispers in her ears, gleeful words that told her that she had already won.

Soon enough, she reached Beacon's skyline, levitating high above the emerald forest as she looked down and over at the once regal academy. She was far enough that she wouldn't be spotted, her divine eyesight letting her see through the chaos and carnage and gaze upon what Cinder had brought upon her temporary home.

'This goes deeper than I first assumed. There are Atlesian Military Units fighting against the students as well as the grimm. It also seems that the White Fang has joined the fray. I suppose that Cinder made a deal with those lesser beings, to act as canon fodder for her scheme. But the military... Atlas is full of scum, but I doubt they'd do something like this. Someone must have hacked their network.' Weiss mused, her white hair billowing in the screaming winds, her majestic and all-seeing crystal blue eyes like blue suns, their radiance everlasting and overpowering in the darkness.

Eventually, though, Weiss landed down at the school, crashing down in a cloak of blue energy, the very world trembling as her feet hit the ground. The skies seemed to tremble at her presence, the shadows wilting and air shattering at her arrival. She had chosen to land near the back of the school to avoid being spotted, a sickening smile on her face as she looked around the newly turned battlefield.

"The end has come, and I am here to take hold of it." Weiss boomed to herself, a maniacal grimm on her face as she took one step, then another, then another. Each one was like an earthquake, the heavens and earth trembling as she walked through the ash.