CHAPTER 9: SPLIT [FALL-OUT]

CHAPTER 9: SPLIT

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Spider-Man Characters or Marvel Characters included in this fanfic, I do this for fun :)

Also, this chapter will be very visceral. There will be blood. (hope yall get that reference)

NOSTALGIA - PARKER RESIDENCE

For a season supposed to spent with family, Peter wondered why the young Harry Osborn didn't spend the winter holiday with his. Apparently, Harry's family sent him to stay with the Parkers because his esteemed father, Norman Osborn, had business overseas, and his wife followed. Didn't seem like his grandparents were available to stay with... which left the young boy bummed.

But it wasn't a bummer for long because the two had immense fun. For the young Peter, usually being the only child in the house, he treasured Harry's company. There's a one-in-a-million chance there was another kid in the Parker house. And there was a one-in-a-million chance there was another kid in the Osborn manor. So they took advantage of every minute of it. Especially during the Parker's Christmas party, where the two boys spent the holiday cooped up in Peter's room, playing plenty of video games on Harry's Xbox 360, like GTA San Andreas, Call of Duty, and Halo.

But their fun could only last so long, till they dropped to the floor, tired and sweaty.

The young Peter confessed, "Jeez, that was fun! Lemme get some food before we start again. You want any?"

His friend didn't respond for a moment, which Peter turned closer to Harry.

Harry muttered, "You sure it won't be a burden for you?"

"Of course, it won't Harry. You're our guest! Plus nothing you do will be a burden for me. Your burdens are my burdens, alright?"

"Really?... You mean that?"

"Yeah!"

"Thanks, Pete, really... It's been really nice with you guys"

"I'm sure its nice at your house... you get plenty of nice toys under that tree"

"Those toys aren't that nice if you got nobody else to play em with. Maybe I can bring them over sometime... especially my newest transformer. It's pretty sick!"

Peter could only smile after he heard that, before leaving the room to get themselves food.

While walking down the stairs, that smile stayed glued onto Peter's face. Picturing themselves laughing, chatting, and screaming for an eternity didn't sound so bad to him. He bet it didn't sound bad to Harry either.

WAKE UP CALL - SOMEWHERE IN MANHATTAN

Things change when boys get older, in this case, in a very destructive way.

Especially down below, where Manhattan sounded and looked like a war-zone. With that trechorous jack-o'-lantern bomb going off, it left a thick orange gas clouding the area. Many people rushed out of the smoky area, covering their mouths. Paramedics tried to help and move as many injured people as they could, while the police officers moved as many people out of that area.

Then there's that tattered web-slinger, limping and bleeding all over the area. Which one web fluid refill covered the bleeding... not the limping though. He disregarded his pain and tried helping anyone that passed by him. For a moment, he glanced at Captain Stacy's blown-up police car and distastefully sighed at the sight of it. Underneath the mask, his breath tremendously shuddered, and his heart... it was like he couldn't feel it. All he heard was this high-pitched ringing. And his mind–oh boy–his mind kept dreadfully envisioning how'd Gwen react to this... travesty of an incident–he grimaced at the thought of it.