CHAPTER 7: DAZE (NO-MORE)

CHAPTER 7: Daze

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

TRUST ISSUES - CHYRSLER BUILDING

It was chilly up on the Chrysler Building, not because of the weather. It was tension filled to run into someone you used to work with, especially for Felicia Hardy, also known as the Black Cat. For a moment she was stiff. But she played it off, like usual.

"Didn't think I would see you here, Handsome." Her voice was soft, yet flirtatious... he knew it instantly.

"Hey, Cat... wait CAT?!"

He turned around and saw a snow haired broad in black leather. From the outfit to her sharpened claws, it was all too familiar for the notorious Black Cat.

"Of all the people I thought I'd see today, you're the last person I'd expect."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, last time... uh nevermind... actually"

'I wonder if she... just forgot about it?'

"You don't sound very cherry, swinger?"

"Well, being wanted for arrest isn't the best feeling and the fact that I got beat by this green dude with a tail."

"Wait, the green dude with a tail?"

"Yeah... do you know about him?"

"Well, they've dubbed him the Scorpion"

"Name fits him well. I coined it!"

"There's been whispers from Tinkerer about this project, for someone big"

"Wait... you're talking about another Big Man of Crime, how? All the crime lords of New York... from The Master Planner, Tombstone, Silver-Mane to Gobby. They're all gone!"

"So you've taken out his competition. Now he's bigger than any of those Crime lords, even-"

"Tombstone?! No, that's not possible..."

"Spider, he's the biggest of them all."

He paused with one realization in his mind, 'so that man in black was right?!'

"Does this guy have a name?"

"His men have been very secretive, but when a cat starts clawing away at the yarn, it tends to unravel..."

"Unravel... how exactly?"

"One of his men choked on the yarn... and unraveled his name; Kingpin."

"Kingpin? Gotta admit, a better name than Tombstone. But it'll still be fun beating this guy."

"Careful there Spider. You're just a little spider caught up in a larger war," she warned.

"I know this guy is dangerous-"

"No, he's more than that. He has... everyone in his pocket, from the cops to exquisitely trained assassins. And if he ever gets a peek under that mask of yours, he'll come after everyone you've ever cared about..."

"That's why those cops are after me?" he asked.

"Mhmm... his influence had spread like wildfire," she confessed.

"Well... thanks for the info Cat, this helps."

"Don't mention it."

"But what about those reports? I saw where you're involved with the arsons. If we're gonna take Kingpin down together, I gotta know that-"