CHAPTER 10: GREAT RESPONSIBILITY (NO-MORE)

CHAPTER 10: Great Responsibility

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

'I remember what Doctor Connors used to say; in nature, everything's connected. As scientists, we explore and expand upon those connections. He'd say the same thing for our body, everything's connected, from our brain to the tiny neurons. They show our behavior and our behavior reflects who we might become... And right now, becoming a certain wall-crawler... again, to stop lunatics from destroying New York... Eh, what else was new?'

INTRUSIONS - FISK TOWER

The dawn after dusk came upon them. A small glimmer of light in the dark tunnel had appeared earlier this evening. Everything they've done seemed not right to him, so the so-called 'Devil of Hell's Kitchen' patrolled the vicinity of Fisk Tower. He made sure that Fisk wouldn't escape New York's eventual wrath without consequences.

HELL, the vigilante even rocked new red body armor with short horns on the helmet, in case any of Fisk's cronies came after him. Of course he couldn't make it himself, not knowing how to sew, so he called in a favor from an acquaintance, Melvin Potter... a man under Fisk's use.

'But enough from him, he had a stakeout to focus on.'

Instantly, he sensed a distant individual with a familiar 'thwip' sound included. But soon he'd realize that this man... was no threat, only New York's infamous web slinger, swinging by.

Spider-Man observed as he swung by, "Wow, Devil man! Weird to see you here! Especially with the new costume. And gotta say, not bad for a new suit although, the horns are a bit much..."

"Thought you quit?" the horned vigilante asked.

"I did... for like weeks. But... look, I made the wrong choice... so I'm here to make things right," the web slinger explained.

The Hell's Kitchen Guardian responded with a subtle nod and smile, assuring him that all was well.

"So... you're waiting for Kingpin too, huh?" Spidey observed.

"He's exposed to this city for all of his crimes... and the FBI and the New York police departments are after him. It's up to us to make sure he doesn't escape"

"Wouldn't it make sense for us to go in right now, cause he's vulnerable?"

"Fisk expects us to be there. It's a trap," the vigilante expressed.

"Isn't everything a trap these days? Plus, if we don't go in now, he'll scheme his way around us... fleeing from the city!"

"Not bad... For a guy in a sweatsuit. It's not the best smell in the world"

"I know... the suit's not the greatest at the moment, but it'll do for now..." the wall crawler answered. "Also, did you ever think of the name?" he asked.

"A name?"

"Yeah... like a superhero name? Like if you're gonna be doing this at night more often, at least don't call yourself the man in black, or Devil of Hell's Kitchen... kinda on the nose, don't you think? Especially with that devilish outfit"

"Are you usually this chatty?" The horned vigilante mentioned with an annoyed tone. He's never met someone so chatty before in his life. And that's saying something... when he's been around chatty people before.

"Well... it gets the nerves out when you're brawling lunatics. I recommend you try it," he advised.

"I'm good," he immediately dismissed.

"Suit yourself, Mr. Devil-"

BAM! A sudden crash was heard from where they were, catching their attention. They were in disarray once that crash echoed through the evening sky.