CHAPTER 2: EXPECTATION [FALL-OUT]

CHAPTER 2: EXPECTATIONS

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Spider-Man Characters or Marvel Characters included in this fanfic, I do this for fun :)

RACING UP & DOWN THE WALLS - PARKER RESIDENCE

Peter Parker's nerves raced up and down the walls. His greatest secret of being Spider-Man, was known to an intimating stranger in a black trench coat, who held him at gunpoint.

So many thoughts swarmed in his small head at once, 'WHAT IN THE–WAIT... He-HE KNOWS?! This is a TRAP! This gotta be! Hammerhead's coming after me! He upped his game. Man, I should've turned him in when I had the chance. Gotta fight our way out of this!'

The man admitted, "Don't deny it, Mr. Parker. I've observed you the entire day. And young fella, you're a handful tracking down, swinging around the city like that."

Peter stammered, "I'm not Spider-Man. You got it all wrong... I only take pictures of him... I promise you that..."

The insistent man seemed unfazed, so the young man readied his web shooters behind his back.

"You mean, you're taking pictures of yourself?... C'mon, don't lie again about it kid!" The eye-patched man accused.

"I don't know what you want sir... but I'm gonna need you to leave," Peter ordered.

"What I want to know is... why're you tampering with your father's things?"

"What do you mean?"
"That pager you've been holding the whole day–I've been tracking you with it"

'Such a rookie mistake! What the heck?! I'm so-so-SO STUPID!'

The man knew Peter tensed up, with him tightening his fist. Especially once Peter distantly heard Aunt May unlock the front door.

"You expecting company?" the man asked.

"It's my aunt... please... whatever you do, please don't harm her. She doesn't know a thing," Peter insisted.

"PETER, DEAR, YOU'RE HOME ALREADY?!" she distantly called for him.
Peter nervously gulped, before he assured her, "Yes... ahem, YES I AM AUNT MAY. I'M JUST GETTING SOME HOMEWORK DONE, THAT'S ALL!"

"You sure you don't want me to bring you something to snack on, while you're working"

"NO!... I meant—no thank you. I'm doing... fine, I'll eat later!"

"Oh, okay then. You study hard in there, and I'll get started on dinner"

'Phew!'

"That took guts, Mr. Parker," the mystery man admitted.

Peter sighed, "Look, I'm sorry for tampering with my father's pager, won't happen again. Here, take it if you want... just please let us be."
Just then, he lowered his gun away from Peter's body, and put away. His hand lingered over to the old pager, as he observed it.

"Why're you messing with it in the first place?"

"I just wanted to know more about my parents, so I stupidly rummaged and found it in his things... it's the only thing that looked somewhat interesting, okay?" he explained. "I didn't know there was a tracker, or anything like that, it just looked so ordinary... maybe too ordinary"

"Just like your father. He's the most ordinary-looking man I've known, yet underneath all of that, he's one of the most impressive, cunning men I've worked with"

"You knew my parents well?"

"Well enough to know that they're still a big deal, at my work"

"You work where exactly?"