𝟎𝟎𝟕, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧

Ellie stood outside with Derek in the ambulance bay. They had their Seattle Grace jackets on. The chief was behind them pacing. They had been standing there. Waiting for the ambulance.

Ellie turned to Derek. "So Addison's brother is unwell huh?" she asked.

"Well he's a nice guy."

Ellie raised her eyebrows. She grinned. "Yeah right. You don't like him. He doesn't like you. You told me that before," she said as she yawned. She was tired.

Derek rolled his eyes. But smiled. The ambulance soon whizzed into the bay. The doors opened and Addison was stood there holding onto the hand of her brother.

"Dr Montgomery what's happened?" Ellie asked. Knowing Addison had been her mentor when she had been there.

The chief ignored Ellie's question and walked over to Addison. He pulled her into an hug.

Ellie knew Addison couldn't work on her brother as she was family.

"The bed in the ICU?" Chief asked, knowing it was the one thing he had asked Ellie to do.

Ellie nodded. "Already booked ready. I've got the nurses on the floor. I have CT and the labs on hold," she told him.

Webber nodded and smiled. "Thank you Dr Robbins."

****

Ellie and Abby were stood by Addison in the ICU. They were trying to find out how Archer could have gotten the parasite in his brain. "Does he know how he got it?" Webber asked.

"He thinks he got it from eating unwashed fruit in Mexico," Addison said.

Abby looked up as the machines started to go off. Ellie ran into the room. "He's Bradycardic Dr Shepherd," Ellie called, moving out of the way for Derek to get a closer look.

"Why is he bradycardic and hypotensive?" Webber asked. Wanting to know what was going on.

Derek stayed calm as he looked to the monitors. "He's having a reaction to the fentanyl drip. Stop the drop and push the Narcan," he told Ellie. Knowing she was helping him with this.

"Wait Derek! He was in status. I mean, if you take him off the drip, and he seizes up, there could be permanent brain damage," Addison told him.

Derek nodded, knowing he was being patient with Addison. "We better hope that doesn't happen."

"Hope? That's what your plan is hinging on? Hoping that the worst doesn't happen?"

Ellie saw how Derek was frustrated. She turned to Addison. "I think what he's getting at is that if we don't reverse the drip now, Archer's heart is going to arrest," she told her.

Derek turned to his ex wife. "Dr Robbins is correct. So unless you have a better idea, push the narcan Ellie," Derek told the young resident.

"Right away."

Abby stood in the doorway of Archer's room. The air was thick and silent. Something she didn't like.

Suddenly Archer went into v-fib. Esmè took out the syringe and grabbed the crash cart. Derek had another idea. He slammed his fist down onto Archer's heart. Hard.

The man eyes flung open. He was out of v-fib. Ellie looked to the man who was teaching her all she knew. "I don't think you need the crash cart now," she mumbled.

****

Ellie and Abby were standing outside of Archer's room again with Addison. Derek smiled. "He's groggy, his eyes are open. But I don't think he's awake as he hasn't tried to kill me," he said.