[Chapter #7: A Series Of Flashbacks]

[- ! TW: GORE - BLOOD - DEATH - ABUSE? ! -]

JASON P.O.V:

Jason started to tremble, his hands shaking, his body suddenly felt like a million pounds, his legs almost failed under him. He couldn't take his eyes off of the bloody boy infront of him, though he hated what he saw.
The boy had shaggy brown hair, with blood pouring from his head and out of his mouth.
"I-..." Jason couldn't speak.
The boy stared blankly at him.
Then in a voice that was quite familiar, someone said,
"I know you're sorry. I'm sorry too."
It was the boy. But his mouth didn't move.
Jason was about to cry.
"I'm really sorry. Really sorry...you didn't deserve that..." Jason said, finally finding his voice. He was still shaking a bit.
The boy's eyes had a look of regret and sorrow, even guilt. He said,
"It's not your fault. It's mine. I'm better now. I think." The boy said, then his face turned confused, but he still had that hint of sorrow.
Then he disappeared into dust.
Jason wanted to cry, pour his eyes out.
But he held himself together as best as he could.
He wanted this dream to end. He wanted Leo. He needed reassurance.

Suddenly, a person talked from behind him.
"He's right. It isn't your fault what happened that day. I can tell you really hate that memory, don't you?"
Jason swung around so fast he almost tripped. He knew that voice too.
It was the same elf girl from his past when he was little kid.
She was still wearing that brown dress with her tall brown boots.

"I-..you?" Jason was confused.
"You disappeared! Your not dead?!"
He looked desperately for answers.
She let out a slow laugh,
"Boy. I can't tell you. I swore I wouldn't, I promised Lupa." She said.
"Lupa knows?! Where did you go?" He said,
But before she could give him more pointless words that didn't help answer his questions, the dream shifted again.
Back to that sad day.

Jason watched little Jason sitting a couple feet away from the cabin. He looked desperately at it, waiting.
Then, a tall man came out.
He was holding a broom and sweeped the porch a bit before he noticed Little Jason.
His eyes widened,
"You! Get out!" The man screamed, it startled Little Jason, he got up fastly,
"Wait- w-where is Vessa? Please tell me." Little Jason begged.
The man raised the broom,
"Get out! Get out, mut!" He said again, throwing the broom with a lot of force.
It slammed right into Little Jason's chest, knocking him out of breath.
He struggled and got up again, he turned around and ran into the woods.
Jason was gonna follow, but then the scene shifted again.

He was at Camp Jupiter. Everyone was gathered.
Jason started to panic, he felt his breath speeding up. He started to shake again.
*No, no, no, no! Not this moment! Not this day!*

Everyone gathered, the old Praetor, the one before Jason, was in the middle. He had striking red hair, his name was Jake Hith. Son Of Bellona.
"Listen up everyone!" He shouted, everyone's eyes turned to him.
"Today is a good day, and a bad day. Today, Jason Grace, Son Of Jupiter, is going to be taking my place as Praetor, as I am getting old. But, we also so happen to have three traitors today."
He said the word "traitors" with disgust.
"Do you all know what that means? It means, they need to be punished.
Oh, but, since this but since the scheme of theirs has been going on for so long, they won't be punished any ordinary way.
They will be executed for betraying Camp Jupiter, along with Jupiter himself. We all know Jupiter is to be highly respected here, and one of these people have decided to talk angst him and say bad things about him. That is not allowed."

Jason knew things weren't gonna end well, he didn't want to watch, but suddenly, he was standing in a line right next to his past self. Jason also knew that no one could see him. It was a dream. Just a memory of the past, that he couldn't escape.

A horn blew, and three boys were brought out.
A skinny blonde one with red eyes, Jason didn't know him.
Then, A boy with grey hair and a black streak down the middle, William WoodMark, Son Of Mars.
Another boy came, he had shaggy brown hair, and dark brown eyes that seemed to hold all of the secrets of the world in them.
He was the Son Of Mercury, Ethan Mathos.

The Praetor, Jake, pulled a small dagger from his pocket. He started circling the three boys. Ethan was glaring at him as he walked.
"Mark, step foward."
The Blonde boy came forward first.
Jason glanced at past him, he looked uncomfortable.
"Do you remember what you and William did?"
He mumbled something.
Jake slashed the knife and created a scar across his eye.
"Louder!" He said.
The boy, Mark, clearly was in pain.
"We stole from the shop. We stole really expensive gold and material, and we didn't use it. Instead we burned it. We did it for a month straight." He said.
The whole group of people gasped.
Suddenly, the blonde boy spit blood from his mouth, and Jake had moved so fast Jason barely noticed. But he had stabbed the blonde right through the chest. He pulled out the dagger, and the blonde fell to his knees, clutching the wound, he started to cry.
"I hope you learn in your next life to respect us better."
He walked over to William.
"Step forward." He commanded.
He did what he was told.
"Any last words, any apologies you wanna say first?"
"I will never apologize. I did what I did because this camp is terrible. You people are terrible."
"Dying with such disrespect on your tongue. Good luck in the underworld." Jake said.
He stabbed William, who also dropped to the floor.
He walked over to Ethan.
*Please stop. Please end now. I don't wanna see this. I don't wanna do this.*

Jake looked at him up and down, and smirked.
"Ethan Mathos, the person who talked bad about Jupiter, and disrespected camp along with betrayed us."
Jason felt a lump form in his throat.
*When is this gonna end? When is this dream gonna stop?* He thought.

Jake looked at Jason.
"Jason Grace. Please step up."

Past Jason started walking up, he had a uncomfortable and confused look on his face.
Jason wanted to call out to himself, tell him not to do it, but he couldn't.
"Since you have been newly elected Praetor, it's always an honor to kill the traitors, since Jupiter is your father, you can have the honor of killing the one who disrespected him."
His past self's eyes immediately widened and a hint of fear glazed over them.
He quickly got it under control.
"A-Alright.." He said. Though he absolutely did not want to do it.
Ethan didn't deserve to die, who cares? It was just simple trash talk.
Jake handed past Jason his knife.

Jason wanted to close his eyes. But he couldn't stop gazing. He watched.

Past Jason walked up to Ethan.
Immediately, Ethan looked guilty, he looked like he had sorrow hidden deep in there.
He started to cry, and fell onto his knees and started begging.
"Wait! Please! Son of Jupiter, I'm sorry! I promise I won't do it again, please! Spare me!"
"Stand up." Jason said.
Ethan did as he was asked.
Jason put a hand on his shoulder, and raised the knife.

The knife went down.
A horrible sound of bone cracking was spread across the area.
Blood splattered everywhere.