[Chapter #6: A Trip To The Past]

[! - TW: ALCOHOL, BLOOD, AND DEATH MENTIONED - !]

JASON'S P.OV:

Jason was in his house, at least, he assumed that was his house. He couldn't quite remember what his old family house looked like. But it was definitely his house.
Thaila was there, well, past Thaila.
He was there too.
He could see his little self laughing at something Thaila was telling him.
Thaila had short hair that went to her shoulders, it was longer than it was now.
She also didn't have a blue streak in her hair either. It was completely black. She was wearing a black hoodie, and some jean shorts. Little Jason, or, little him, was blonde still, his hair fell down on all sides. It was much more shaggy than it was now, he didn't have the scar on his lip either. He was wearing a blue hoodie, and normal jeans.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, and a tall blonde lady with blue eyes stumbled in, she had a beer in her hand, and a random man by her side, clearly they were both drunk.
Thaila gave a disgusted look at them.
The tall blonde lady, Jason's mother he assumed, walked upstairs with the man.

Thaila told little Jason something, and they both got up and walked outside.

He followed them out.

There was a set of tall trees outside, the backyard led straight into the woods.
Some of the trees even had apples in them,
Thaila and Little Jason walked into the woods.
Jason followed.
Then, they stopped at a tall apple tree in the middle of a field.
Thaila jumped up and started to climb the tree, Little Jason gave her a nervous look.
Jason assumed they couldn't see him, so he stepped closer that way he could hear what they were saying.
"A-Are you sure that's safe Thea?" Little Jason said.
"Of course Jay! Other kids do this all the time. When I used to go to school- all the other kids climbed the trees in the courtyard." She said, her voice was as electric and somewhat stern as Jason remembered.
Jason remembered when Mom took Thaila out of school, she was pretty upset about it.
But clearly, Jason's mother was not in the right headset.

"Ok..but don't fall!" He called up at the tree, still watching nervously.
Thaila's laugh echoed through the trees.
"Of course I won't fall!" Her voice was confident. She dropped an apple down from the tree, it hit Little Jason in the head.
"Ow!" He said, rubbing his head.
He bent down and picked up the apple.
He looked back up, and Thaila was gone.
Little Jason looked confused, but not nervous.
But for a moment, Jason felt nervous. He remembered when his mom left him. It made a chill go down his spine.
But little Jason hadn't experienced that yet, so he looked calm, only confused.

Then, Thaila suddenly popped up behind him,
"Boo!" She said, starting to laugh again.
Little Jason jumped.
"Thea! Don't scare me like that!" He said in an upset tone.
Jason assumed that Thaila probably used to do that a lot. He could recall that sometimes Present Thaila even still did that sometimes.
It definitely freaked him out.

Thaila and Little Jason went running into the woods.
Jason quickly ran after them, but the scene shifted and he almost tripped.

This time, it was little Jason. Only Little Jason.
He was crying under a tree.
Jason wanted to call out to little him, make sure he was ok, but he remembered he couldn't.

A girl walked up to him. It wasn't Thaila.
The girl looked about in her 20s, she had elf like ears and sharp features, with brown curly hair that went down her back.
She was wearing a small brown dress, and brown boots.
She kind of reminded Jason of Leo.

The girl spoke softly to him,
"Hi little one, are you ok?"
"I miss my mommy.." Little Jason said in a whimper.
"It's about to rain. You should go back home if you miss your mommy so much." She said.
"I don't know where home is...Mommy left me.." Little Jason said.

Jason felt his eyes starting to water. He hated this moment, but he could remember it so vividly. His mother leaving him.
The feeling of not knowing where to go, what to do.
The feeling of nothingness.
Something Jason knew to well.

"Oh, you poor thing." The woman said.
"Come here," she wrapped Little Jason in a small purple blanket, and slipped him on her lap.

The scene shifted again.
This time, it was morning.
Little Jason was sitting on a porch with the same Lady.
The lady was rocking Jason in her lap while he nibbled on an apple.

The scene shifted once more,
And suddenly he was running to keep up with Little Jason.
They were running through the woods, rain pouring, thunder and lightning could be heard, coming from everywhere.

The scene shifted again,
And this time he was at camp getting his SPQR logo burned on his skin.
"Welcome, Son Of Jupiter." The Praetor said.

The scene kept shifting a couple more times,
From Jason training and practicing,
To him becoming Praetor,
And even some moments from the present.

The scene shifted again,
And Jason was in the woods.
No one was around.
He stared off into the trees.
*When was this?* He thought.
He recognized the woods, but he just couldn't remember it.
Then, he saw a she-wolf run through the trees.
"Lupa?!" A voice called out.
It sounded like Jason, but it didn't come from him.
Then, there was Little Jason,
Running after the wolf, though he was running much slower.
Jason ran after his little self. Eventually, they came to the Wolf House.
Jason remembered, this was the day before he went to camp.

The scene shifted and he was in a pitch black room.
There was nothing there.
Nothing.
Then he looked down, and there was blood everywhere.
On his hands, his legs, the floor, and standing before him, was suddenly a boy with a knife through his head.