Part 13 (TW)

(T/W: Violence/blood. To create the scene I also used photos/gifs from Deadly class that are graphic/upsetting/bloody.)

(This chapter has plot so If you choose to skip because of the TW I will write a synopsis at the beginning of next chapter and skip all graphic/violent content so feel free to skip this one if you're uncomfortable. This will also be a shorter chapter due to that.)

I slipped on a loose black dress and gently combed my hair pulling it back into a low ponytail, tying it in a black satin ribbon. I stared at myself in the mirror of a small vanity in my room and looked blankly into my own eyes. My face was puffy from crying and my eyes where bloodshot from not having had any sleep since I was with Pansy back at the castle.

Back at the castle...

"Miss Lestrange, the meeting is beginning shortly." A creaky voice spoke from behind my door. I slowly rose from my vanity and began to make my way to the main hall of the Malfoy manor, walking softly through the hallways.

I took a seat next to my mother who gently placed her hand on my thigh. I scanned the room to see if Mattheo and Draco where back but they seemed to be missing. My heart began to quicken in pace thinking about what could have happened to them, being left in the forest with Fenrir of all people made my stomach twist.

"Dumbledore.. is dead!" A breathy voice called out from the shadows. Most of the table cheered, clapped or laughed while Voldemort emerged from the darkness. "Is this correct, y/n?"

A lump grew in my throat, "yes.. my lord."

"And you know this, because?" He hissed.

"Because I saw it..." I managed to get out, as my hearts pace continued to climb making it hard to catch my breath.

"Because you saw it.."

"...yes, my lord."

"And here I thought we had a discussion about how you where no longer assigned to this task." His voice filled with venom as his whispers echoed through the quiet room. "Was I mistaken?"

"... no, my lord.." I looked down at the table, trying to steady my breathing.

"So you followed my son, correct?" His voice sending shivers up my spine, I couldn't even respond. "Even after he told you to turn back?" I hesitantly nodded. "Why do you wish to defy me?"

"I-" I hesitated.

"Why do you wish to get in the way of our goals?"

"I don't-"

"Why do you wish to distract my heir?"

"No- I-"

"Then why do you choose to try to lead him off this path? Why do you choose to disobey me?" His voice turning to a shout as my eyes began to water. The room fell so quiet it began to hurt my ears. "Everybody may leave, aside from you, miss Lestrange.." his eyes stayed fixed to me. The sound of chair legs scratching on the floor as people pushed out of their seats to evacuate the room as quickly as possible. My mother gently grazed my shoulder with her fingertips as she left, trying to let me know it would be okay, but I knew it wouldn't be.

"Come with me, y/n.." Voldemort sighed, raising his boney arm, gesturing to the room behind him. I slowly rose from my seat and walked towards the door, averting my gaze from the dark lord.

The room was dark, with only one dim light in the centre of the room.

"You've been distracting Mattheo... haven't you?" Voldemort placed himself in-front of me, forcing me to meet his deep evil eyes.