Part 10

"Mattheo, what the hell?" I whispered loudly as he closed the potions classroom behind us. "I thought it was just Dumbledo-" his hand quickly shot up, cupping my mouth.

His eyes intensely stared into mine.

"Maybe not here, Flowers." He whispered, inches away from my face. His eyes darted around the hallway, looking around for any movement presumably. I nodded softly, realizing how stupid it was for me to even mention what they had to do, especially in such an open space where anyone could be listening. Mattheos hand slowly lowered from my mouth as we shared a moment looking into each others eyes.

My eyes quickly flickered to his lips for a second and the next thing I knew our lips crashed into one another. His kiss felt gentle but as if he hasn't seen me for months, there was so much longing in his touch.

"Hem.." The sound of someone clearing their throat caused Mattheo and I to quickly pull apart from one another. I quickly turned my head, meeting eyes with Draco who had an eyebrow raised and a cocky smirk on his face. "Let's go." He chuckled and pushed gently passed Mattheo and I leading down the corridor.

We trailed behind him, sneaking back to our common room. Once we descended the stairs, we where met with Blaise, Pansy and Theo still in their same seats just as we left them.

"How'd it go?" Theo called out. My heart skipped a beat as my mind flickered back to the words Draco muttered to our professor. A lump grew in my throat.

"It's fine, she's sane again" Mattheo chuckled. "I wonder how long McLaggens going to stay in the hospital wing after I'm through with him.." Mattheo muttered, as if speaking his thoughts out loud unintentionally.

"I'm with you on that one." Theo chuckled, I rolled my eyes while a smile crept on my face.

The three of us joined them, taking our seats in the empty spaces on the couches.

"What did Slughorn say?" Pansy asked. My eyes darted to Mattheo who seemed to have no anxiety in the world.

"He wasn't there." Mattheo replied. My brows furrowed for a second before I quickly became aware of my facial expression. If he was going to be lying I need to help sell it. "We let ourselves into the potions classroom and Draco made something himself."

"By the way, Draco, can you work on the flavour next time? I couldn't tell if I was gonna throw up from the taste of the potion or from the repulsive thoughts about McLaggen." I chuckled, hopefully helping sell their plan. The others chuckled while Draco rolled his eyes, a small smirk on his lips.

"Oh, and next time, no one let her eat mysterious chocolates, if you don't mind." Mattheo laughed, a subtly serious tone laced his voice. "And Theo, if you give her a smoke again you're just as dead as McLaggen." His gaze landed on Theo who looked to me wide eyed. I returned his expression and raised my hands in a surrendering way as if to tell him I didn't rat his out.

"She was going to hex me!" Theo exclaimed, in a slightly joking tone.

"Good, next time let her." Mattheo chuckled before looking to me, his eyes landing on mine.

The next morning Pansy and I got into our robes and began heading to breakfast.

"Would you tell me the truth if I asked?" Pansy looked at me while we walked through the hallways littered with students. I looked to her with furrowed brows.

"Yea of course.." I replied.

"Mattheo was lying last night, wasn't he." She asked, looking at me through the corner of her eye.

"..I can't really tell you here." I spoke softly, trying to not be heard by anyone. She nodded gently as we turned to enter the dining hall, taking our seats next to the early riser of the day, Blaise.