Part 7 (smut)

My eyes gently opened, the soft light of murky lake water being illuminated by the sun filled the room through windows on the ceiling. My eyes adjusted as a deep brown wardrobe became crisp in my sight, causing my brows to knit as I tried to figure out where I was. I quickly propped myself up and looked around the room surprised to see my dorm.. I realized I was also still in my clothes from the day before and not my pajamas.. I watched as some of the girls in my dorm slowly begin to wake up and roll out of bed to get ready for classes.

Even though I was still a bit confused, I got out of bed and changed out of my clothes to switch into my school robes. I cast my concealment charm and threw the last few pieces of my uniform on.

"When did you get in?" Pansy called out, her voice still sounding tired. I closed my wardrobe and turned to see her getting ready for the day as well.

"I don't know.. last thing I remember was falling asleep on the couch with Mattheo.." I muttered, picking up my school books and walking to the exit of our dorm. I shrugged it off as we entered the common room, meeting up with a few of the boys before heading to Potions.

"Now today class, I give you the freedom to choose any potion to brew under one condition - you must use your books to find a potion that is amusing, fun or interesting - you must brew it successfully." Professor Slughorn addressed the class, slowly walking between our cauldron stations. "You may begin!"

I flipped through my book trying to find something 'amusing' and landed on a potion called Hiccoughing solution; a potion supposed to induce hiccups. It wasn't very interesting but it was amusing I suppose.

The whole class began brewing their potions, only a few students struggled but of course once Professor Slughorn came to grade everyone's potions he congratulated Potter on his concoction and seemed to dismiss everyone else's. We all began gathering our things to head to the next class, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my free period but I began walking towards the black lake where Mattheo brought me my first day.

The air was brisk, still no snow on the ground but you could definitely feel winter approaching. I took a seat under the tree Mattheo and I sat at that day and looked upon the lake.

"Hey, Flowers." A familiar voice called out. The smell of cigarette smoke filled the air as I turned my head to see Mattheo taking a seat beside me, taking a long drag from his smoke.

"Skipping classes again?" I chuckled. As he exhaled, a small smile curling on his lips.

"I guess you could say that." He chuckled, looking out onto the lake. We sat in each other's presence for a while before I finally broke the silence.

"How did I end up in my dorm this morning?" I laughed softly and turned to face him. He looked down and smiled as he took another drag of his cigarette.

"You fell asleep so I carried you to your room, I didn't think you'd want to wake up in the common room." He turned to look at me, his brown eyes catching mine. It was cold outside but no winter air could stop the feeling of warmth flowing onto my cheeks as I stared into his eyes.

"Thank you.." I muttered, smiling shyly at him. "For everything.. I'm sorry you got detention because of me.."

"Detention is the least of my worries." He chuckled. "I'd go to Azkaban before I let anyone lay a finger on you again." He looked back out onto the lake, taking a deep inhale from his cigarette.

We sat there in silence until the next bell rang. The rest of the day was uneventful, all I could think about was Mattheo.

After supper no one really hung around in the common room, we all seemed to be tired from classes so we each ended up heading to our dorms.