Chapter 30

*Celosia "Robin" Douglas's POV*:

My eyes shot open from what I thought I heard was a banging sound.

*BANG BANG BANG*

It happened again.

"What?" I said out loud, raising my head from my pillow.

It was gunshots. One after another. I jumped out of my bed and slid down the latter before running to the cell bars. Officers with guns running down the hall, heading towards the entrance.

*GUNSHOTS*

"Oh my god what is going on?!", Mrs. King shouted as she ran over next to me.

We both stared out across the hall. Thomas was near the cell bars looking back at us with a worried face. But Beval was nowhere to be found. My panic started to kick in for three reasons:

Who was shooting? What were they shooting at? And where was my best friend?

Screams from prisoners all around us could be heard, mix that in with shouts from the officers and gunshots in the distance and it ends up with me not being able to hear my own thoughts.

For what felt like forever, we watched officers run down the hall until we could only hear just the sounds of prisoners screaming out of fear, yelling in confusion, and crying.

Eventually, it seemed as though most of the officers were outside the prison, yet we could still hear the gunshots in the distance.

"What do you think is happening?!", Mrs. King asked, looked at me with wide eyes. "What are they shooting at? Who are they shooting at?"

"I don't really know, but something is telling me that it's-"

Out of nowhere, an officer appeared at our cell, basically running into it with a loud clash. In response to the jump-scare, we screamed and jumped back, holding each other.

They were wearing sunglasses, but I happen to recognize them after looking at the rest of their face, mannerisms, and.....low-top black Converses?

"Val?!", I asked, my head tilted over.

"Yo", they greeted, taking off their sunglasses with a nervous smile, tucking them into his collar.

Beval jiggled the keys around, trying to open the cell door with the right one. Eventually after finding the right key, he pushed the cell doors back.

"Oh thank god you're okay!", Mrs. King sighed in relief as she ran to hug him. Breaking the hug and taking a look at him, her face twisted in confusion.

"How did you get an officer's uniform?"

"On my way back here, I ambushed a male officer when he wasn't looking and knocked him out. After dragging him back, I locked him in the same closet the female officer is in and I took his uniform. These folks don't even recognize me, they are too busy doing whatever it is that they are doing."

"Do you have any idea what's going on?", I asked, walking up to him.

"No, not a clue. But I'd rather worry about that later. We need to free the others". He jiggled the keys in his hand. "And I have just the keys for that."

Before running across the hall to free Thomas, we looked both ways to watch for any guards coming.

None, for now. Perfect.

Most were too occupied, but that doesn't mean there weren't any still around in this prison, making sure we stayed put.

"Okay, let's go!", I said with a loud whisper. We scrunched down low and swiftly ran over to Thomas's cell.