15. Messing With Danger

-Adrian-

-Adrian-

Part of me wanted to follow Micah and try to convince him that I wasn't anything like Raoul. I was not like Raoul, and I would never become anything like him. I only wanted to kill him, so that he would never hurt anyone else like he had hurt me.

Then I remembered what Micah had said at the mall. About me lurking in my home while the others were fighting. It chilled my soul, if I had any. I knew that I looked like a pitiful coward, but I didn't think I was like that. I needed a strong pet if I wanted to defeat Raoul. If I barged into his fortress alone, I would be killed before I would even get into his territory.

I took a deep breath and put the broom away. I looked around in the house, and I knew I would need a lot more than just a broom to fix it up. I ignored the broken glass, the burned couch and my completely ruined hardwood floor, and walked to the staircase. I climbed to the second floor and entered my room.

I stopped to look around. Micah had shattered my windows, and the heavy rain was staining my floors. The monitors had fallen down, and only one of the four was working anymore. My carpet let out squishy sounds when I walked to my closet, and I knew my floor panels were ruined already.

And yet, I didn't care.

I opened the closet and knelt down next to the bottom shelves, and pulled out a black box. I opened it, and picked up Micah's jewels, trying to find the ring he had talked about. Once I found it, I put the rest away and stood up again.

A moment later I was standing in the basement, hiding behind the door I had broken. I could hear Micah walking around in his room, arranging his new clothes and cosmetics on the shelves. He was humming something. I think it was one of the human songs – I had heard it somewhere.

"I know you enjoy watching me, so why don't you just come in?" he asked at some point.

I would have blushed, if vampires were able to blush. Of course he smelled me standing there like a creep. I stepped in slowly, and a horrible smell hit my senses.

"What is that smell?" I said and pressed my hand over my nose.

"It's the result of you trying to act like a master," Micah said while folding his clothes.

"What?" I grunted.

"It's the couch," Micah sighed nonchalantly – it was weird to see him so... lame.

"The one you ruined," I said and walked to the expensive couch.

"You didn't give me much choice," Micah said. "Take it away – I can hardly breathe here."

My pride took a hit when he tried to order me around. That was never a good thing. Micah turned to look at me and crossed his arms on his chest, like he was waiting for me to obey him. I turned to look at the ruined leather and raised my hand above it, muttering a prayer to Lucifer.