Chapter 25 - Falling Apart

Everything is falling apart.
Why is this happening?
Galaxy felt as if the world around him was breaking apart. Little black specks fluttered around the corners of his vision, as if the world behind him was being consumed into darkness. He heard a faint buzz in the back of his head.

"Hello? Hello, hello? Earth to Galaxy."
.....
"GALAXY!" Galaxy jerked his head up to see Lexi's annoyed expression staring at him. They were both sitting on the porch waiting for the bus. Galaxy simply blinked at her.
"Let me guess, you weren't listening, we're you?" Lexi grumbled.
"Uhhh... I'm sure I was, but just in case... repeat the whole thing again," Galaxy tilted his head and gave a nervous smile. Lexi groaned irritably.
"I was saying... we should probably go look for the fourth today... especially you. You've seen their eyes, you should be able to recognize them once you see them," Lexi stated. Galaxy nodded as she was talking. Galaxy turned his head as he heard the sound of the bus appearing. They both stood up and walked to the side of the road.
"So you'll look for them, right?" Lexi turned to Galaxy. Galaxy nodded. The bus stopped and they both entered it, finding a seat as the bus continued down the road.

After the bus dropped everyone off, Galaxy walked into the school. He tensed as he saw accusing glares turn towards at him. He felt as if their stares were burning into his fur. He understood why though, so much death had occurred around him. His mother, Skull, Raven. He had even injured Volt real badly at one point which had got him suspended and nearly expelled. He could tell most of them thought he was a murderer... that's crazy! He would never murder anyone... right? Galaxy walked over to his locker and quickly shoved his stuff in it. He closed his locker and quickly jumped back as someone was standing next to him now. Galaxy froze and stared at this person who was staring intently at him. He had brown fur, hooves, little stubs for horns on his head, and light blue eyes.
Blue eyes... they were familiar...
Wait...
"I think you need to explain to me what's going on," The person spoke finally. Galaxy stayed frozen for a moment before finding his voice again.
"What's your name?" Galaxy asked.
"Aphrodite,"
"Aphrodite, Keeri."

Galaxy sat at the lunch table with Orbit, Leela, Lexi, and Aphrodite. Galaxy sat with his finger intertwined and the others shared uncomfortable glances.
"So is anyone gonna explain to me what's happening? I know you know what's happening to me," Aphrodite said pointedly at Galaxy. Galaxy inhaled.
"My name is Galaxy, this is Lexi, Leela, and Orbit," He explained as he gestured to each one of them. "They are part of a group called the four, each one of them protects an element." He looked at Aphrodite who was listening intently.
"Lexi is the Keeper of Fire, Orbit is the Keeper of Water, Leela is the Keeper of Earth... then there's you," Aphrodite suddenly seemed to realize what was happening. Galaxy continued. "You are the Keeper of Wind." Aphrodite stared, speechless.
"You are chosen to be the new Keepers after an old Four: Aferno, Kantun, Ferrox, and Arnozith. I am, the fifth... but I'm still not sure what I am yet." Galaxy admitted. Aphrodite took a minute to process this information.
"So... what's the purpose of this?" He finally asked. Galaxy hesitated for a moment.
"We think our purpose is to... fight off an upcoming evil," Galaxy answered. Aphrodite suddenly looked terrified.
"N-No! I can't do that. I'm not strong enough to do that- I-" Aphrodite seemed to start panicking. Galaxy reached his hand out.
"Aphrodite-" He slapped Galaxy hand away and backed away from the table.
"No! I'm not gonna be apart of it!" The bell rang and Aphrodite turned around and ran away from the group.
"Aphrodite wait!" Galaxy called out. It was too late, he was gone. Galaxy didn't know how much more he could take of this, everything was falling apart.

Everyone was leaving now and Galaxy was looking for Aphrodite. He needed to talk to him and persuade him into joining the four because if he didn't Galaxy just knew that everyone was doomed. He finally caught sight of the brown deer anthropomorphic and ran to catch up to him.
"Aphrodite!-" Aphrodite turned around to stare at him angrily.
"I already told you! I don't want to be a part of this!" Aphrodite yelled at him. "I don't want to be a part of something this dangerous!" And that was Galaxy's final straw.
"Dangerous? What do you know about dangerous?" Galaxy spat. "You think I want this anymore than you do? I have watched two of my friends die because of this. I watched my mother die because of this, Leela lost her parents because of this, and for Spirit Lord's sake I lost my eye because of this!" Galaxy growled. "It isn't about strength, Aphrodite, it's about the will to go on. It's about putting others care as your priority and using that to fuel you to keep going. If you think that everything that's happened to us is dangerous then you have no idea what you not joining us will bring." Galaxy turned away from him. "I want you to think about that." Galaxy took a note out of his pocket with his address and shoved it into Aphrodite's hands. He walked away not caring to listen to what Aphrodite has to say anymore. Galaxy walked to his bus and entered it, sitting down next to Lexi who was waiting for him.
"Did you talk to Aphrodite?" She asked. Galaxy nodded.
"What did he say?" Galaxy turned to look at Lexi.
"He hasn't given an answer yet. I gave him a talk and I'm letting him think about it," Galaxy explained.
"Well at least you talked to him," Lexi said.

"You have no idea what you not joining us will bring."
That line replayed in Aphrodite's head. Is he making a mistake choosing to not join them? Aphrodite stared down at the note with Galaxy's address on it. He sighed and put the note in his pocket before resting his head on the window.
'I don't know what to do anymore....'