Chapter 22 - Skull

Beep, beep, beep, bee-
Orbit shut off her alarm clock's annoying beeping and sat up.
"I hate Mondays." She thought to herself. But today wouldn't be all bad. She was going to keep an eye on her classmates to check for any signs of any of them being the fourth. She put on a purple short-sleeved shirt and torn light blue jeans. She brushed out the knots in her white and teal fur she had created when sleeping and put on her backpack. She pulled out her phone and looked at her messages.

Galaxy: "Don't forget to keep watch!!!1!1!!"

Orbit: "I'm not gonna forget. 👌"

Orbit turned off her phone and walked out of her room into the living room. She still had a few more minutes before the bus should show up. There was some of her classmates on her bus so that would give her extra time to watch for any signs of the fourth. One of her dads walked out of their room to get ready for work.
"Morning Dad." She greeted him. "Is Papa still asleep?" She asked.
"Yeah, I should probably go wake him up." He responded before walking back into his bedroom. Orbit turned around and walked outside. She sat down on the porch and waited for the bus to show up. After a moment it pulled up in front of her house and she entered the bus. As always, Raven greeted her and welcomed her to sit next to him. Orbit sat down.
"Do you think Galaxy likes Leela?" Raven suddenly asked. Orbit looked at Raven.
"Why do you ask?" She asked him.
"Just curious. Those two are very close." Raven responded. Orbit hesitated for a moment.
"Yeah well it seems pretty obvious to me they like each other." Orbit answered. "I'd understand why Galaxy hasn't confessed yet though. Leela just lost her parents and she obviously needs time to heal." She didn't realize what she was saying had made Raven seem more irritated.
"I see..." he muttered.
"How's your mother doing?" She tried changing the subject.
Raven shrugged "Still sick."
The bus stopped and they were dropped off at the school. Orbit saw Skull and walked towards him. He saw her as well and waved at her.
"Hello-ooo." She greeted him cheerfully.
"Hi." He greeted her back. He seemed happy but she could tell under his skull mask that he was tired.
"You good?" She asked. He nodded.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just couldn't sleep last night." He reassured her. She couldn't shake off the feeling of anxiety she had but she ignored it. The bell rang and they joined their first hour classes.

~~~~~

Tick... tick... tick. Orbit was half listening to the sound of the clock and her teacher as she looked around the class for signs of the fourth.
Tick... tick... her anxiety skyrocketed and she clutched her chest. Her fur spiked up and she felt that something was wrong but she didn't know what. She took a couple of deep breathes and her heart beat slowed. She looked up at the clock.
Tick... tick... The final bell rang. She quickly got out of her seat and grabbed her stuff. She edited the classroom and went to her locker to put all her stuff in her backpack. She turned around and saw Skull standing right behind her.
"Oh dear Spirit Lord." She jumped.
"Sorry sorry." He chuckled. "Didn't mean to startle you. Just wondering if I could come over to your house later?" He asked.
"Oh yeah of course!" She answered him. She wanted to spend time with him anyways. He walked away and she went to follow him before stopping. She felt a buzz of electricity go through her fur and saw a tiny flash of lighting from a group of people. He tried singling it out but she couldn't see it. She saw that some kid had been shocked by it and had a burned patch on his arm. He seemed to look around trying to figure out who did that but the group had already started to split up. Orbit herself couldn't find out who did it either and sighed.
"There's always tomorrow." She thought. Whoever was the fourth was obviously using it to cause trouble, which wasn't a good sign.
She went to follow Skull and exited the school.