𝐂𝐡. 𝟒𝟓 | 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

Chase

"Here I thought I was going to be here till dawn waiting for you," Sarah tilted her head with a little frown.

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Let me just," I teased turning my back to her and walking back on my steps.

"Hey," she punched my arm with a hard fist that it actually hurt.

"I have places to be. I don't have time to be waiting around for you," she cringed with disgust.

"Ouch, get out of my house," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What a gentleman," she broke character of the little annoying play she always pulled on me.

She laughs a little and I do too as she comes in for a hug. Sarah was a family friend of ours. Her parents had been friends with mine and she's now taking care of their business.

Our brother-sister like relationship was something I had besides my brotherhood with Luka. Though, me and Sarah would only see each other on business occasions since she was busy with her fiancé whilst I was busy with my projects. The last time I saw her was years ago and all these updates reached me through her social media.

"You better not have some plain toast for breakfast," she tortured with a scoff because I always purposely gave her plain breakfast.

But today, I had made pancakes myself after my morning run before going upstairs. Liya loved pancakes and it was a while since she had them. So, I decided that it would be a nice gesture for her.

She was getting practical again and I would hate for her to start coming at me with her hate. Even if her challenging furious eyes made me hard, they never let me get close to her.

"Pancakes. I love pancakes," Sarah squealed taking her seat.

I looked back to the stairs and Liya was approaching the dining hall too. I pull a chair out for her and she takes her seat.

"Hello, Sarah," she forced politeness with her tone.

I took my seat opposite to Sarah as she took her first pancake and said hello back to Liya.

"I've heard a lot about you," Sarah spoke with a soft smile looking at her.

"I hope they're nice things," Liya glanced at me from the corner of her eyes thinking it was me who talked about her.

"More like beautiful things. Luka..." she brought him up which made Liya turn her head faster than anything to focus on Sarah.

"Spoke of you like you were the only thing worthy of love," she finished which made Liya's body ease out of tense.

"He's the only thing worthy of loving too," she gave a small smile with pain looking at the pancakes.

"I'm sorry about everything that happened," Sarah took Liya's hand to comfort her.

Liya just nods and moves on to her breakfast. I wince my eyes at Sarah for creating such a sad mood early morning for her at which she initiates a soft-mouthing apology.

"Here, the honey," I changed the topic, squirting some on her pancake because she loved her pancakes with honey.

"Mmm, these are delicious," Sarah moans so childishly having the pancake melt into her mouth.

"Obviously, there's nothing I make that is not delicious," I sassed with a taunt.

"Oh my, did I just have the richest CEO get up early in the morning to make my favourite pancakes for me," she gasped as if she was some royalty.