𝐂𝐡. 𝟐𝟓 | 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐭 & 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠

Luka

It was a day off work today and I was out to shop for a few things. Life recently has been fantastic with Liya. She'd be out in the garden of roses, playing songs even reading a book whilst she was at it.

However, she had decided to move back to her place and I didn't stop her this time considering the security team I had hired for her. I was best assured, but I was not rest assured.

"What a pleasant surprise Luka. I didn't think I'd ever in my life have to wake up with a hangover at six on a Sunday morning for shopping," Chase's voice exaggerated behind me.

"I'm offended. I thought you loved spending time with me," I smiled with a wink to which Chase's face turned cringed.

"Don't ever do that again," he sassily spoke which reminded me of Liya.

Right now, we were in the mall at a jewel shop. The Ultimate Diamond Jewellers. I was here to pick out an engagement ring for Liya.

I had stolen the ring she normally has on her ring finger for the size so the ring fits her. I wasn't going to propose to her soon, but eventually, I was going to propose. I had the perfect design for the engagement ring in my mind. She loved oval-shaped rings. Big in diamond because she's luxurious.

"Are you buying yourself a necklace to hang yourself with?" Chase smirked with his winced eyes.

"I'm not dying without having kids, Chase," I let him know to which he scoffs.

One of the consultants comes over to us, and recognises both instantly.

"I'd like to see engagement rings please," I tell which gives a weird reaction out of Chase.

"Engagement rings?" he questions stiffly.

"Yes. For Liya," I told.

"Of course, it's for her but are you going to propose to her for marriage? You both haven't even had a romantic relationship yet. How do you know she's the one for you?" he stressed frustratedly which annoyed me.

"I'm not going to propose now, but I'm going to propose eventually," I sigh trying to calm him down.

The consultant comes back with a few designs of what I had described to her. There was a huge oval ring with a gold band. There was also one with smaller diamonds as a band around a huge one which was the one that caught my eye.

"That'll look pretty on her finger," Chase commented looking at it too.

"I know," I breathed out, looking at the shine it carried.

I had brought this one but Chase seemed so panicked. He kept on going on about how I'm rushing things when I've clearly said that I'm going to propose later when she knows that I love her. Right now, she's not even aware and I don't want to overwhelm her just yet.

With her career kicking off and her spending more time physically interacting with me, I want to make sure she's perfectly comfortable with everything. Next, we both head to a pet adoption centre. Liya had always wanted a cat, so I decided that it was time to gift her one.

"Why are we looking at animals, Luka?" Chase whined, wanting to get back in his bed and sleep like he had been busy all night.

"Well, it doesn't look like you're going to have kids so let's adopt a dog who can be the heir to all the fortune you're going to leave behind once you're dead," I joked to which he gave me a death stare.

"You're way too ahead of time. I'm still young," he responded with a nose scrunch.

We proceeded to walk towards the cats.