𝐂𝐡. 𝟐 | 𝐂𝐄𝐎

Chase

Days have passed and Luka hasn't reached out to me. I don't blame Liya for that because I know she is probably working her ass off to convince him to contact me but he's so stubborn about  what I've said to her that he won't. I don't get where this girl randomly appeared from and then became a part of his life since the past few years.

Today, I was hungover but getting dressed in a suit for my CEO ceremony. I was officially going to become CEO of The Ruels. This business was a finance-in investment company; a family business that has only ever sprung higher over generations.

God knows how many projects have we accomplished successfully that are international, too many to keep count. Housing schemes, shopping centres and a ton of shares amongst jewel and clothing brands. We are New York's greatest multibillionaire company, and this CEO position was in the eyes of many since I am an addict.

Though that didn't stop me from always excelling in deals and meeting, even if I was half drunk or half sober. My company's reputation has never slid at the edge of my hands. Now that I am officially the CEO of this company, the world is going to have expectations and fuck that because it's everything I don't want to think about.

This company isn't going to give me Luka. No, I'm not in love with Luka, but Luka is the only person in this world who is truthful to me. Even if I'm not. I head over to his modelling agency, Elite Model Management, a well-known agency.

The news was already out a week ago and today I had my official CEO photoshoot. My face was going to be all over the internet as well as the covers of magazines and newspapers.

Normally, you'd find Luka's face all over them. He's the hot topic of the city after his success skyrocketed in his first year. Lucky bastard, his pretty face brought him money and fame, but Liya can't seem to complain about that when it comes to him. I was instantly greeted by the producer and head of the modelling agency, Ellah Luent.

"Congratulations on your CEO position Mr. Ruel. We're so happy to have you here for the shoot," she congratulated, coming in for a hug.

"Thank you but we all knew I was going to shine on the covers one day," I responded, kissing her cheek.

She wasn't a young girl but an old lady, pretty well respected. She had been running this agency for years. Only women had ever run this agency. I can't imagine how challenging that would be along with the crap men gave them.

I was directed to a makeup room where a Prada suit laid on the bed for me. Once I was changed, the makeup artist brushed all over my face whilst the hair stylist set my hair. Some couldn't stand the smell of the alcohol even though it was minimal, so I asked them to leave if they weren't comfortable.

As I walked out, she came in my sight. Walking along with her manager in an outfit that wasn't luxurious. It looked like she just had a shoot too. Her eyes rolled at my sight. I walked past her and to the room where the shoot was held. This could not have been more boring.

Modelling is boring because all yo have to do is pose whilst having people boss you around about how your arm is a millimeter to the left or your foot is too crocked. After a few outfit changes and pictures in the same poses, I was finally free and this had tired me out.

I already knew where Luka's makeup room was since I visited him often at work. Surprisingly, he wasn't busy at the time. He was in his makeup room. I walked in and Luka's eyes brightened when he saw me.

"Hello Mr. CEO," he grinned putting his hand out for a handshake.

God, so formal for what? He went in for a hug and patted my back like my father was supposed to do. But he wasn't even at my ceremony.