𝐂𝐡. 𝟑𝟗 | 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐫

Chase

I smoked my cigarette as I stared out of my window, waiting for a phone call. Hoping the investigator finally leads me to her.

Liya has been missing for a week. She had never come home from Luka's funeral. Her car was there but she wasn't in it.

An instant panic hit me and I looked around the silent area for her like a maniac. Calling for her.

God knows I haven't had a peaceful night since that day. I've gone from place to place, hospital to hospital looking for her but haven't found her. She wasn't at Luka's place and neither at her house.

The bitter words I had spoken to her, I regretted them so instantly and wish I hadn't said them. She was grieving equally to me. She had lost him too, not at her fault and I blamed her for it in my head.

Now that she was gone too, she was missing, she wasn't with me, and it drove me insane. My head turns as the knob to my door twists open.

"Oops, sorry. I thought this was Vanessa's room," Anna's weird appearance interrupted.

She was naked and had her teeth biting her lower lip. Edging her hip, she expected me to give her attention now that Michael was gone.

"Get out of my house. You don't need to see Vanessa," I scoffed throwing the cigarette out my window.

Vanessa was my mother's name and she had no relation to my mother. Due to Michael's funeral, the one without a body because he was burnt to ashes, I had to accompany all his snakes.

They had all already left but she was still roaming around. Whilst I was out all day, looking for her, the house was my least worry. My mother had already left with my father this morning as well.

"This isn't a nice way to treat your guest," she came forward pressing her body against mine.

The doorbell had rung before I could throw her out the window like I did with my cigarette. She releases her body away from mine and makes her way outside as if she were expecting a guest.

"Make sure to get your things on the way out," I coldly spoke not bothering to go downstairs.

Though, my heart started beating so hard. What if the person at my door at this hour of the night could be her? My head tilts to the side with a deep breath before I turn towards my door and make my way downstairs. Anna already held the door open, still naked. I walked over behind her.

"Finally decided to show up," Anna taunted the person.

I came into a clearer view and saw her. Liya. Her eyes widened and switched between me and Anna. She was naked and I was shirtless.

No, I nodded my head instantly knowing that she was doubting me. A tear rolled down her cheek and she turned her body away from the both of us.

"Liya!" I roughly called, reaching out to the doorstep.

Anna's hand grabs my arm to stop me. Who the fuck does she think she is? Instead, I twisted that same hand she used to touch me and dragged her onto the floor by her hair.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" I warned, instantly heading after Liya.

Her body collapsed into my arms towards the floor when I turned her by the arm. Her sobs and cries were too soft but loud at the same time.

Outrageous. There was a drop in my heart when the sight of her abused body came.

Her lips had been torn, her face was bruised. Her hair was so crinkly and smelly as if she hadn't showered for days. Her wrists and ankles had been bled.