𝐂𝐡. 𝟒𝟑 | 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

Liya

I had dinner in my room and Chase only got home a few hours ago. His entire suit was covered in blood which caused heaps of concerns. He didn't answer any of my questions and said there was a printing dismanufacture of red ink. Like that was believable.

Who the fuck has he killed?!

He's been setting up for the bonfire in the backyard since dinner was done. I stood against the window, watching him light the fire in the sticks before starting to throw... was that a leg?

My eyes widened looking at him throw the other in the fire too. He watched it burn so easily and the smile on his face was as if he had done something Oscar-worthy. I rushed out of the house and into his backyard with him.

"Chase, who's arms are those?" I questioned with fear as he held them.

They were still bloody like this person was cut into pieces recently. He threw it into the fire.

"David's," he smiles so widely like a psychopath.

My heart dropped but I didn't fear that he had murdered David. It didn't scare me rather it gave me a sense of protection.

"What?" I breathed out slowly, in shock.

He goes forward to pick up the hands, both in his.

"Strawberry, what sins did he commit with these hands?" Chase questioned.

My body language changed it started to fall weak at which he gave me a death stare, hating on how I was falling weak in this moment.

"Stand straight and strong. What sins did he commit with these hands?" his tone raised higher as he demanded an answer.

"Held my body down when he raped me. Pinched into my stomach until bruises appeared. Abused my face," I responded with a crack in my voice recalling all that.

But this time. It felt like it was the last time I was ever going to recall the trauma. Chase was burning it all in this bonfire. My trauma was laid in front of him in fear right now because of how crazy he had gotten.

"Yeah, I don't recommend that," he joked in between throwing the hands into the fire and grabbing onto the feet.

"What sins did he commit with these filthy feet?" Chase wondered glancing at me from the edge of his eyes.

I took a deep pause before answering this one.

"He kicked my mother's womb when she was pregnant with my brother," the answer left Chase blown away.

His eyes widened at the merciless acts of this monster. He threw them into the fire roughly, revealing his anger. I watch Chase grab David's head by the hair so comfortably that I can pass out right now.

"The best for the last, what sins has this face committed?" he questioned with a little laugh.

"I'll answer that for you. It labelled you filthy. It's raped you through your clothes with its eyes and it certainly has done everything to fucking burn in these flames," he chucks it in like it's a ball.

"You listen to me now. Memorise this moment. Put it deep into your brain because the next time any man touches you or even dares to hurt you, I'll burn them to ashes right in front of your eyes," he took a few steps closer to me with every word.

His gaze was so demanding and commanding of my courage to fight my fears and trauma that it had set a fire in me. After reading Luka's letter and seeing how crazy this man can get for me, nothing scared me.

"Do you understand?" he commandingly spoke like I was a servant.

"Yes," I gritted madly, at the way he was ordering me around.