Chapter 19

"Todoroki Toya"

"Bakugo Hanako"

We look at each other wide eyed, ready to fight.

He runs right toward me, his hands already bursting in hot blue flames.

I dodges his attack swiftly but he knows my moves, now. He lifts his foot, aiming at the back of my head. I jump on my hands and turn around, swinging my legs and striking him in the head. My metal boot hit his face with strength, leaving a marq behind.

I jump back on my feet and swing a punch at him. He catches it and starts to burn my gloves.

"The funny thing, Bakugo, is that now that I know your identity, I know that you are quirkless..." He taunts me.

I grunt in response and knee him in the stomach. Caught off gard, he let go of my hand and I take advantage if it, elbowing his side, hard.

He groans but still adds "I know that you are weak..."

I shout and soon, my fist connects with his jaw. He... He called me...

He sends fire toward me before I could finish my thought. I roll to the side and I hide behind a desk. I can still hear screams and explosions outside. It means Endeavor is still alive. Good. Even if he is an asshole, he might be useful.

I'm waiting in a crouched position, trying to find a plan. I mean, just like Katsuki, my Plan A is always go, punch, he dies. But with that kind of plan, I won't get out of here alive.

I have to focus on my objective: staying alive. Then make sure the burnt bitch doesn't burn anyone. Then avoid destructive attacks. Then, in fourth position, arrest the guy.

The first ones might seem uninteresting but I can't avoid them.

I press my hands on the floor, my knees pressed against my (nonexistent) chest. I take a look behind the desk.

Damn it! Dabi is burning every single desk to see if I'm behind them. He's soon going to be there!

I roll on the floor and I hide behind the fire. Damn, it's hot. I feel like my flesh is going to melt. I get out of the room and stomp upstairs making sure he heard me. I head straight to the rooftop. There, he won't be able to burn anything down to ash. Besides me.

I hear him run up the stairs. I get in my fighting stance. This time, he's the faster one. He punches me in the stomach, with a fucking lot of strength. I fall back and my head hits the ground as my hood falls back, my dark brown hair escaping.

I already start to feel dizzy and blood is dripping down my skull.

I yell in rage and swing my legs on the floor, making him lose his balance and fall onto me. I roll to the side just in time.

He shouts in fury and throw his horrible blue flames at me. I get off the floor just in time, barely avoiding the deadly attack.

I kick him in the nuts and, even if it's a low bow, it still manage to get him to grunt in pain. He keeps a hand on his crotch, clearly still in pain, but he surprise me when he doesn't send fire to me. Instead, he grabs my hair and throw me to the floor.

There, he leans down and grabs my arm, yanking me up again. This time, he punches me in the stomach, making me cough up blood.

I smirk at his childish behavior. Besides my injuries, I bring my protected elbow in his face, just above his eye. His head falls back from the hit. He even starts bleeding.

We fight hand to hand for a while, him trying to burn me alive every now and then.

After a fifteen minutes, I start to feel the lack of sleep catch up with me. My eyes grows heavy, my brain doesn't focus correctly anymore and my limbs are heavier than usual. I barely feel the heat of the flames when the approach me.