confessions

Juliet's Pov

We don't talk about the almost-sex incident, and I'm thankful for that. there wasn't even a conversation about not talking about it either, I think he understood that I don't want to address it. God, it makes me feel so stupid that I'm acting this way, I just... I don't know what to do these days.

"Mommy I got the wiggles," Lilly says as she comes running from her bedroom to where I am in the kitchen. It's a Sunday so today I'm going to make dinner for us to give our chef the day off. I'm not an amazing cook, but I know my way around the kitchen. Today's menu consists of mushroom risotto and pan-seared steaks. I'm also making a batch of chai cookies because Lilly loves those and I'm in the kitchen anyway.

"How about you have a dance party then? To get the wiggles out, sweetie?" I ask her and she nods. I switch the music I was playing softly to something I know she likes and turn up the volume. We call it the wiggles when she gets distracted and can't sit still. She is like a tornado most of the time so it's not something that happens rarely.

The frozen the musical soundtrack is playing through the house, and she is jumping around doing silly moves. will come running into the kitchen and pick Lilly up twirling her around "I want to join the dance party too" he says making her laugh as they dance around. will is a horrible dancer, but it's sort of fun when you're dancing with a child. Lilly doesn't care if you dance the silliest moves, she loves it when people are being silly.

Watching the two of them while I cook gives butterflies in my stomach. He has stepped up and taken a role in her life and I value that. Lilly looks up to him like a Rolle model, I can tell that without her even having to say much. It's evident by the way she looks at him and how she talks about him.

This arranged marriage started off horrible but turns out that there is a blessing that comes from something that was dark. Will turns out to be someone I deeply care for and want to spend my time with. Sure we did the whole relationship thing upside down with getting married before dating, but maybe that was the push we needed to get to know each other.

If we hadn't gotten arranged together, I don't think we would ever have met because we are such different people. He was a bachelor moving from one girl to another, while I was a single mom focusing on her daughter and rising in the company. Our priorities, groups of friends, and interests were opposite. Now that I know Will, whoever, I know that we have more in common than one would think. Just because our personalities are different doesn't mean that we aren't compatible at the same time. They say opposites attract, and maybe that's true.

"Children. Dinner is ready" I say and bring everything to the table. They are like children both of them. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Come on princess. your mom has made dinner, and it smells amazing" Will says turning down the music and the two of them head over to the table. "Mommy makes yummy food Willy. And her cookies are amazing. You can have one too after dinner if you're a good boy and eat all your dinner" Lilly says, and I chuckle.

We dig into the food, and it tastes as good as it looks. Risotto is one of my favorite dishes and this time I did steak with them. Sometimes I do chicken or scampi too but today steak was in the fridge so that is what I went with.

"She is right will. You only get a cookie if you're a good boy and eat all your food" I tease him and when Lilly isn't looking, he pokes his tongue out at me, and I roll my eyes. "I swear, I have two kids. I'm married to an adult child" I continue to tease him.

"Hey love, I'm an adult. A childish adult, but an adult. You and your kitty pajamas aren't one to talk" he teases me back. I love cats, so I have kitty pajamas. Sure I have camisole pajamas I use a lot too, but sometimes a non-sexy option of kitty pajamas is the best option.