the first day

Will's Pov

Groaning I turn around in bed and try to forget the shitshow from yesterday. I'm married, I'm fucking married for real. It's not that I intend on my life changing much, but it's still not something I ever wanted to do. Juliet is my wife, legal and all that, but not even a day in she is getting on my nerves. Getting out of bed seems like a hopeless case when it means I need to face her.

She does need to grow up and not get her panties in a twist because I'm not in the mood to deal with drama. It's bad enough that we are in this situation to begin with.

Sadly I see the clock is already 10am, and our parents will be here at around 11:30am, so I need to get out of bed. They are coming over to talk about more terms for the marriage, like they haven't already put a straight jacket on us.

I head over to Juliet's room, grab some clothes, and jump in the shower. As much as I want to stay out of her room, I need to have my clothes in here and use the bathroom there for the most part just so people won't truly think we are living separate lives. Sharing a bed with her is the last thing I want anyway, so no need for her to be nervous about that. She isn't my type either. I prefer my girls willing.

There is laughter coming from the kitchen when I go downstairs, children laughter to be exact. That would be the child that was caught in the middle of this whole mess. Not only was I forced to marry Juliet, but Juliet came with a six-year-old. Now I'm legally her stepfather which sounds like a cruel joke. No child should be subjected to me having any say over them. Not that I ever think Juliet would ask for my opinion, or that I would want to give them, but doesn't us being married come with some rights? I have no fucking clue. I just hope that she turns out to be a well-behaved kid, no bratty tendencies, because I just can't deal with that.

They are laughing at something on what I assume is Lilliana's iPad when I come into the room. Looks like they have just finished up breakfast too so now I need to make something for myself too. Our private chef won't come in before tomorrow, giving us a day to us selves in this new house.

"Hello, will" Lilliana says, at least she is polite. "Good morning, Lilliana" I say back. "Lilly. Only old people call me Lilliana, I told you that. Unless you're old?"

"I'm only a year older than your mother. So no, I'm not old" I say with a dryly before I get some cereal and milk out. Our mothers had the fridge and pantry fully stocked when I moved in two days ago. Since they said that the apartment was ready, I figured that it would be nice to get here before they did, so that's what I did. At least I got familiar with the apartment before the girls got here.

I don't greet Juliet, and she doesn't try to greet me either. If she wants to make the situation worse by ignoring me, I don't care. It's her that will be uncomfortable because I don't give a fuck anyway. The kid is funny, at least from the first interactions, so there is that at least. Maybe one other person in this apartment won't spend their time hating me.

I do want to hate Juliet, it would make it easier for me that's for sure, but I also know I'm stuck with her regardless of my dislike of her. If I go to war with her, and despise her, she won't go away regardless. There is no way out of this for either one of us.

Relationships are messy and tend to get in the way of everything else, so I made the decision to avoid them and get rid of that pesky little problem. I've had one serious attempt at a relationship in my life, which ended up blowing up in my face. There is no way I'm putting myself in that situation again. However here I am married to Juliet, on paper at least. I just want to live my life on my own terms according to what I see fit, but now I am limited in that. It's been one day, but I feel the air getting thinner suffocating me.