the wedding

Juliet Pov

Today is the day everything changes. This morning I was served with a marriage license I had to sign and now I'm getting ready for the wedding itself. Thankfully for now I can just sit in my chair getting hair and makeup done by the professionals and try to keep my mind off what's happening in a few hours.

Last night was tough, I cried myself to sleep because this is happening fast and I never wanted to get married, especially not this way. Despite what my parents think I don't need a man and marriage to be happy and successful. Plenty of women do just fine on their own, and I want to be one of them.

God I'm tempted to make a run for it, flee the scene, and just take Lilly with me far away. But there is so much on the line right now. And I'm sure as hell not going to forfeit my position in the company, leaving Will as the sole CEO of the company my family has built for generations.

"Honey, you look breathtaking" my mom claps her hands together as the stylists swivel my chair to face her and Lilly. I try to smile the best I can, and if my mom looked closely enough you would see the misery written all over my face. "Thank you, mom."

Lilly dances in dressed in her dusty pink flower dress with her hair pulled up in a ponytail and satin ribbon, just like she likes her hair. "Mommy, look, it's so pretty" she giggles and gasps when she notices me. "Mommy you're so pretty," she says, and I thank my little munchkin.

"We need to change your last name, Lilliana. You need to be a Hilton just like your mother" my mom throws out there and I choke on the water I was attempting to drink. Thank god I didn't mess up my makeup in the process. I hadn't thought about my change in last name to be honest, it's a fact that blew over my head in the middle of all the chaos. Even though mine is changing I don't know how I feel about changing Lilly's.

"Why" Lilly asks and scrunchs her nose "Because mommy is going to be a Hilton, so you should have the same last name shouldn't you" my mom says before I can say anything. This is something I need to think about, it's not something that my mother or anyone can just tell her about without confirming it with me. It's a delicate balance to explain all of this to her, she is only six years old. It's inappropriate for my mom to even bring it up, especially today. It's not like I'm nervous enough already, but now I need to deal with my mom's wandering mouth as well. God, I'm just looking forward to this day being over.

"Well, Hilton is easier to write. Fitzgerald is hard and I mix the z and an s sometimes" Lilly contemplates and causes everyone in the room to chuckle.

Lilly hasn't made many comments about the wedding at all after I told her. She has however been wrapped up in the fact that she gets to finally be a flower girl because a girl at school had been one and all the other girls were jealous of that girl. The things Lilly girls think about are fascinating to me. Hopefully, her attitude will continue, and she won't be too affected by all of this. I guess is a good thing. If she put up a fight about all of this, I think it would be even worse, it would break me, and I would also give up my job in a heartbeat. No dream is worth my daughter's misery, she comes before anything else.

As we get closer to show time, I get help slipping into the gorgeous wedding dress. There were hardly any alterations to be done so there was no problem getting it back in two days when my mom threw some money at it. It makes me sick that we can do that, so I try to give back wherever I can to ease my privilege guilt. In only an hour I will be Mrs. Hilton, no longer Miss Fitzgerald.

。゚•┈——୨♡୧——┈• 。゚

The ceremony feels like it lasts forever. A catholic wedding ceremony is intricate with many parts you need to go through. We did however decide to have it outside of mass times which gave us more flexibility. Our mothers should get credit for how they have decorated everything to perfection because I'm genuinely impressed. Roses line the aisle in carefully arranged arrangements, there was a small orchestra playing when I walked down the aisle and the normal runner down the aisle is exchanged for a while one. Every little detail is thought of. They could be event planners if they wanted.