brunch

Juliet's Pov

Will and I haven't spoken for days. There have been some looks here and there, but otherwise, it's been radio silence. Of course, we continue with the act in front of everyone else, but otherwise, we are strangers passing in the night. Lilly does seem to be some sort of icebreaker between us because she insists it's a great idea to include Will in our dinner routine. After that, she likes to watch movies or play a game. How can you say no to a bubbly little six-year-old when they just want to eat dinner together?

The three of us are on our way to a Saturday brunch at his parents' house. Richard and Celia insisted that the three of us come over this weekend and participate in their weekly brunch. The Hiltons have a big house, and the driveway from the gate to the house is lined with trees on both sides. It's not a surprise that the estate is this big, especially because the distance from the gate to the house leaves room for privacy. When you come from a family in the spotlight it's nice to have some of that.

"Mommy look big house. It's bigger than grandma and grandpa's house" Lilly gasps as we get out of the car. "It is. Isn't it pretty?" I say and take her hand as we follow Will into the house.

It's autumn so when we get inside a maid takes our coats to hang them up. I am wearing burgundy pants, brown boots, a plaid button-down shirt with a short brown Burberry coat, and a green scarf over it. It wasn't a formal brunch, so I didn't wear a dress or a suit, but still I dressed nicely. 

Lilly is in a similar outfit, but she is wearing a knit sweater instead of a button-down, and her coat goes down to her mid-thigh. Our pants are almost the same color though, but hers is a bit darker than mine. 

"Look who we have here. The newly married couple" a boy that looks between the age of a teenager and a young adult comes towards us. I recognize him as Will's younger brother Patrick. We haven't had a conversation other than him saying congratulations at the wedding. To be fair I was so overwhelmed with everyone that wanted to talk to me that I didn't have time to truly have a conversation with anyone from his family.

"Pat!" Lilly says and runs over to hug him "Lilly," he says, and I chuckle. They must have met at the wedding, but it was all such a blur I don't recall. People say that your wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day of your life and all that crap, but that's a bunch of bullshit when your wedding was arranged that's for sure. For me, it felt like my fate was sealed to someone I couldn't stand and didn't know. It was horrible. 

"Mommy this is Pat" Lilly says and takes my hand and drags me over to him "Hello Juliet. We briefly meet at your wedding," he says and brings me in for a hug. The hug surprised me, I was expecting a handshake, but I hug him back. I can't help my body from tensing as we hug though, it's so engraved in me there is little I can do to stop it.

"Nice to meet you officially Patrick," I say before we head into the dining room where Richard and Celia are waiting. So far what I can see of the house is how extravagant it is. I've always thought my parents' house was big, but this is much bigger. The spiral staircase, the huge entryway, and now the big dining room with a table long enough to probably fit 20 people at least.  Celia has done an excellent job preparing their house for the fall season, it follows through the whole decor that I've seen so far.

"There you three are. Thanks for coming. It was about time that we had a family meal" Celia says and gives all of us a hug while Richard greets us before gesturing us to sit around the table. Lilly sits next to me, will on my other side while his parents and Patrick sit across from us. 

We don't sit for long before we go get what we want from the brunch set up behind us. I get some scrambled eggs, waffle, and some fruit before helping Lilly who were busy eying everything and trying to decide what she wants. My parents never really invite us for lunch or brunch unless it's something special. However on special occasions when we are invited it's usually made into something bigger than just brunch or dinner with the core family.