The beginning

⚠ Unedited! ⚠

⚠ Warning ⚠: I am probably going to get events of MDZS mixed up, so just be aware that I might have written something different than the original. Also, this chapter is shorter than the others, I apologize  T - T

They started preparing for the lectures.

Wei Wuxian was assigned a room in Gusu, and each day, he would work on his gadgets,  with Lan Wangji staying with him and observing him. Though Jiang Cheng was hesitant about having Wei Wuxian do this at first, he eventually caved in, under the pressure that Gusu needed new defenses, along with Lotus Pier. 

About three months had passed. Wei Wuxian finally managed to develop a gadget that improved the defenses of Gusu vastly. By the time he was finished demonstrating its uses and how it was used, he was exhausted. Lan Wangji insisted that he take Wei Wuxian to sleep, wrapping him in a blanket as he carried Wei Wuxian to his dorm. Wei Wuxian wrapped his arms around Lan Wangji's neck, cuddling closer to him, while Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes at their small show of affection.

One month left before the lectures, and the juniors were starting to get nervous. 

To ensure that they were more prepared than the original timeline, Wei Wuxian continued to work on more gadgets to see if he could make anything useful. (I think we all know where Lan Wangji was-). Jin Zixuan made more effort to get together with Jiang Yanli, which although Jiang Cheng wasn't fully happy with, he still accepted the fact, since Jin Ling was living proof that Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli had become closer, even in the original timeline. Now things between Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen were a little.. more awkward. First of all, Jiang Cheng would always try to avoid him, and then there was... the question on how to approach the parents with this new information.

After discussing for a while, the whole group decided that it would be best to inform Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian of the situation, as well as Qingheng-Jun. Soon, the day had arrived for Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji to go and inform Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian of the situation.

I wonder how they will respond...