Apologies... But Are They Accepted?...

They all stood outside, awkwardly staring at each other before Madam Yu finally broke the silence. 

"... Jiang Cheng, A-Li, and... Wei..." She paused, then sighed, "Wei Wuxian, I believe... you two deserve an apology for how we have raised you all." Jiang Cheng just stood there silently with his arms crossed, not saying anything. Wei Wuxian fidgeted a little, and looked down. Jiang Yanli was the first to speak up. "Mother," she said quietly, "I believe the apology should be directed towards A-Cheng and A-Xian-" 

"Nonsense." Madam Yu snapped, causing Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng to tense up a little. "I... have thought of my past actions a little." Jiang Cheng raised an eyebrow. "... I believe both of us owe all three of you an apology." She sighed. "You... act a little too much like me, A-li." She sniffed. "Anyways, I believe that I- no, we, have treated all of you unfairly. I... understand that it will take time for you to even want to listen. But I... implore you. Give me time. I will make more effort to focus more on my emotional response as a parent, and not just making you guys live through what I want you to live through." 

She glanced briefly to Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan. "I... just wanted to say again. I... am still happy that you, A-Li, ended up falling in love with Jin Zixuan. But, I now see my mistake. I should not be forcing you into a marriage with someone, especially just to join forces with a different Sect. That, is a mistake on my part." Jiang Yanli opened, and closed her mouth. She bowed her head a little, embarrassed, leaning a little more on Jin Zixuan, leading to the small flush that tinted Jin Zixuan's face. Jiang Cheng glared at Jin Zixuan, as Wei Wuxian scowled. Madam Yu coughed.

"As for you two," She turned to Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng, " while I... still.. have much to learn," she stiffened a little, turning her face away, "I wish... that you may give me another chance. This one to let me learn what I had neglected before raising you guys. I... I apologize for only realizing this now. This is.. directed to both of you." She paused. "I... never realized how my emotions could affect the entire family. Wei.. Wuxian," At hearing his name, Wei Wuxian immediately stiffened a little, resulting in Lan Wangji immediately securing his arms around Wei Wuxian protectively. Madam Yu gave a weary chuckle, "Even now, just the mere mention of hearing me saying your name is enough to scare you, eh?" Wei Wuxian flinched a little. "I will admit, I may have been pushing you far against your limits, which... I can now see clearly, how that is affecting you." She sighed. "Wei Wuxian, I am glad that you found someone in your life that will cherish you with the love that was not able to give you." Slowly, Wei Wuxian's face started to change. First, it was blank, then it started to turn flushed as small beads of tears formed along the edges of his eyes. He sniffed, and bowed before plunging his face headfirst into Lan Wangji's shoulder. Lan Wangji patted his head gently.

Jiang Cheng scoffed, feeling both happy and disgusted by Wei Wuxian's behavior. Madam Yu raised an eyebrow. "Jiang Cheng, you're not free from this talk either-" Jiang Cheng immediately tensed up. Madam Yu sighed. " Jiang Cheng-" Jiang Cheng suddenly held up a hand. A small frown crossed Madam Yu's face, and she opened her mouth, but then suddenly closed her mouth. A slightly pained look crossed her face. "... yes?" Jiang Cheng put down his hand. "You're learning, that's good enough for me. No speech for me, please." 

Wei Wuxian immediately stopped sniffling and he choked a little which resulted in Lan Wangji patting his back a little harder. Lan Jingyi, like Wei Wuxian, choked, leading to Ouyang Zizhen immediately turning to him in worry. Jin Ling had a: well-this-is-uncle-we're-talking-about-what-did-you-expect, kind of face, which was very contrasted against Lan Sizhui's gaping expression, his gaze switching nervously from Jiang Cheng to Madam Yu repeatedly. Nie Huaisang fanned himself excessively to the point where his hair was no longer in his face.

 Jiang Fengmian had a small smile on his face. "He's just like you, A-Yu." Madam Yu scoffed. "Like he should. If he weren't, then there would be a problem with whose inherited blood is running in his veins. Obviously, it's my blood, thank you very much." Jiang Cheng snorted, and Wei Wuxian was now choking a little too much, to Lan Wangji's concern. The atmosphere was now less tense, and to Madam Yu's surprise, she was... quite liking this calmer atmosphere.

Maybe... I should make more effort... Jiang Cheng seems... more happy... for the first time in a while...

Guys I wanted to clarify-

The part where it says that Jiang Cheng was feeling both happy and disgusted by Wei Wuxian's behavior isn't to mock him- it's just I thought it matched Jiang Cheng's behavior because he feels like the type of gay to be in denial no matter who it is-

I'm sorry I don't know how else to describe it- T n T

Would this be a mix of angst and uh... less... angsty?.... eh- :P

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Have a good Day/Night! <3