Wei Wuxian and Wei Ying (are they the same?)

After finishing their food, they all sat in a circle around future Wei Wuxian and future Lan Wangji, with Jin Ling and Lan Sizhui sitting next to future Wei Wuxian and Lan Jingyi and Ouyang Zizhen sitting next to future Lan Wangji. They all adjusted themselves comfortably in their sitting position before asking future Wei Wuxian the questions they had in mind.

Jiang Cheng was the first to speak.

"Who the hell killed A-Li? And what happened to peacock?" Future Wei Wuxian smiled wearily. "I miss making fun of peacock like this." Jin Zixuan snorted, and Jiang Yanli smilled softly. "Since this isn't apparent to everyone, I'll fill you guys in on something-" Jin Ling flinched, and Lan Sizhui grasped his hand, giving him a reassuring smile. Lan Wangji narrowed his eyes at the young couple. 

He was still a protective father after all.

"I got thrown into the Burial Mounds by Wen Chao-" "WHAT." Jiang Cheng spat, "-and for the next three months, I learned Demonic Cultivation. With this, I became the first person to come out alive from the Burial Mounds."

The whole room was silent. Nie Huaisang froze behind his fan. Jin Zixuan clenched his fist. Jiang Yanli was silently sobbing. Lan Xichen looked gravely at past Lan Wangji, whose face had gone pale. Past Wei Wuian smiled sadly. After a minute, past Lan Wangji hesitatingly reached out and hugged past Wei Wuxian, surprising a lot of people. 

"Wei Ying don't leave."

Past Wei Wuxian laughed. "Lan Zhan what have I done to you? Of course I won't leave you silly! I'll always be here!" With that, he pointed at past Lan Wangji's heart, and smiled.

Jiang Cheng clenched his fists and sighed. Jiang Yanli sobbed harder, in which Jin Zixuan immediately pulled her into a hug, and softly comforted her.

Oh Wangji... Lan Xichen grimaced.

Future Lan Wangji grabbed Wei Wuxian's hand and pulled him into a hug. Future Wei Wuxian sighed dramatically, "Aiya Lan Zhan! With this behavior, you could attract hundreds of maidens! Toying with my heart like this.. very unexpected of you Lan er gege!" He giggled, and future Lan Wangji just smiled and hugged Wei Wuxian tighter. 

The juniors went from sour faced, to extremely red in the face.

"Senior Wei?..." Lan Sizhui smiled wearily.

"Oh right- ....as for Peacock..." Future Wei Wuxian's face was grim. "I was accused of cursing Jin Zixun with the Hundred Holes Curse. He was greatly angered, and thus, he ambushed me while I was on my way to give my gift to A-Ling. Although Peacock arrived there to try and calm the situation..." Wei Wuxian couldn't help but wince, "earlier, a friend of mine: Wen Ning was beaten to death and pushed off a cliff. I couldn't stand it.. and turned him into a corpse." The room was dead silent at this, with future Lan Wangji frowning harder the more in depth he told the story. "In the encounter with Jin Zixun, someone else controlled Wen Ning to kill Jin Zixuan, before strangling Jin Zixun. Since I was the only person known of using Demonic Cultivation, I was immediately accused. But I swear I wouldn't do that to you Peacock!" Jin Zixuan sighed. "I know that-" "Unless you hurt Shi-Jie." Jin Zixuan said no more.

Jiang Cheng could not believe what he was hearing. 

How could someone do this? 

Lan Xichen cleared his throat. "And what about Young Maiden Jiang?" Future Wei Wuxian's face darkened. "I... was careless. After cultivators learned about my Demonic Cultivation, they rose up to kill me and any Wen remnants. I used my other spiritual weapon Chenqing to calm down the corpses that I had controlled earlier, but didn't notice a cultivator sneak up behind me. Shi-Jie however..." He gulped. "Shi-Jie saw the cultivator, and immediately pushed me out of the way, getting herself stabbed in the process. I'm sorry Shi-Jie I couldn't save you... I.. killed you..."

Jiang Yanli gasped through her sobs. "No A-Xian it isn't your fault! Why are you blaming yourself? I would make that decision over and over for you, A-Cheng and A-Xuan if I have to too!" Jin Zixuan's hold on Jiang Yanli tightened. "Who was that cultivator?! I'll make sure they have an excruciatingly painful death!" Everyone turned to look at him. He cleared his throat awkwardly, "I mean have a nice chat with them. Yes. A nice chat." Jiang Yanli smiled through her tears, "A-Xuan.. don't say that." 

Future Wei Wuxian cleared his throat, and continued. "After the defeat of the Wens, cultivators gathered up, and decided that I could no longer exist in the world. During the first siege of the Burial Mounds, I was killed." Jiang Yanli's eyes widen in horror, while Jiang Cheng and Jin Zixuan scowled. "After I was killed, some years later, a distant relative of mine, Mo Xuanyu, used Demonic Cultivation to summon my soul into his body for revenge." He pointed to himself and grinned. "That's why I look so young!" Jiang Cheng slapped his head. Jin Zixuan looked at future Wei Wuxian, not knowing if he is supposed to laugh or not. Jiang Yanli gave a small smile, and cuddled closer to Jin Zixuan.

Past Wei Wuxian stayed silent, observing the room. Jiang Cheng suddenly turned to him with an angered expression. "You! Why do you blame yourself?! Why do you always try to die for others?! Why did you have to die?! Past Wei Wuxian gave him a weary smile. "Everyone dies at one point Cheng Cheng. I'll just leave a little earlier, its no big deal-" "You're wrong." Past Wei Wuxian flinched, as everyone turned to the cold voice. Future Wei Wuxian was glaring at his past self. "You say it's no big deal for you. I agree with you actually, it is no big deal. But only for you. Did you know how long Lan Zhan waited for me?" Dead silence. "13 years." He exhaled. "13 years of me being dead, not knowing he had loved me. 13 years of him carrying 33 whip scars for trying to save me. 13 years of him living, knowing that fact that he never got the chance to tell me that he loved me. 13 years of him blaming himself for not being able to save me. 13 years of seclusion alone with no one. Tell me, is this really not a big deal?"

Everyone was silent. Past Wei Wuxian had backed away a little, eyes widened in shock and horror. "I- I didn't know-" "That's the point!" Future Wei Wuxian hissed. Future Lan Wangji quickly hugged him tight to calm him down. After a second, future Wei Wuxian sighed, and continued. "I regret everything. I regret not being able to see through how Lan Zhan saw me. No wonder Lan Xichen was so angry when he had to explain to me everything." Everyone turned to Lan Xichen, who was staring in surprise at Wei Wuxian. "I... told you? So..." Future Wei Wuxian grinned a little. "Yup! You told me everything while-" Lan Jingyi coughed loudly. "Senior Wei- No need for the details." Everyone looked in confusion while future Wei Wuxian laughed at their reactions. 

It had been a long day, and it was nearly time to go back. When the portal appeared, everyone gathered to say goodbye to future Lan Wangji and future Wei Wuxian. Before future Wei Wuxian could leave, he stopped, and turned to his past self. He hugged his past self, and said, "You have gone through enough. Just know that the future will be better. I can promise you that." Past Wei Wuxian's eyes started to fill with tears, as he suddenly burst out crying. Everyone was shocked, since they've never seen Wei Wuxian cry before. Past Lan Wangji rushed over and hugged past Wei Wuxian  tightly, letting him cry his tears out. "Wei Ying I am here."

Jiang Yanli sobbed into Jin Zixuan's shoulder, while Lan Xichen softly hugged Jiang Cheng, who was on the verge of tears himself.

Dang cut sleeves... 

Future Wei Wuxian returned to Future Lan Wangji, and they all did a big group hug (minus Lan Qiren of course-) before they disappeared into the portal.

Now, there were only three people from the future left.

Three people that could possibly change the future.

I wonder what they will do next?...

To Be Continued →