Parent Meetings (Literally) Pt.2

After making sure Lan Qiren was stable again, the group took a 15 minute break to let the juniors rest a bit. 

During this time, Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan took their time to get to know Jin Ling, who was still a little emotional about meeting his parents. To ensure that his lover didn't cry too much, Lan Sizhui sat with him the whole time, holding his hand to let him know that he was there for him. Jiang Yanli beamed at their relationship, while Jin Zixuan was just glad his son wasn't alone in this world.

Since Lan Sizhui was with Jin Ling, Wei Wuxian sulked for the most part. Lan Wangji however, was happy that he got to be alone with Wei Wuxian. Though stoic-faced, Lan Xichen could see how amused Lan Wangji was, and was delighted by his brother's interaction with another person. "I still can't believe you married me Lan Zhan! Can't blame you though, I know I'm very handsome!" Wei Wuxian giggled and gave Lan Wangji a bunny smile. "Mn." "Aiya Lan Zhan you should smile and express yourself more! You'll attract more maidens that way!" Lan Zhan frowned. "Only for Wei Ying." Wei Wuxian blushed. "Lan Zhan you have to warn me before saying such things! It messes with my heart." "Mn. Will not warn Wei Ying next time." "Lan Zhan!.."

Jiang Cheng who heared the conversation between his brother and Lan Wangji, snorted. "Dang cutsleeves."Next to him, Nie Huaisang sighed. They were both bored, as they didn't have anyone else to interact with. Suddenly, Lan Xichen approached Jiang Cheng. "Young Master Jiang, do you mind if I sit here?" Jiang Cheng who was not expecting Lan Xichen to approach him, found himself blushing a little as he turned his head away to hide his blushing state. "Sure." Lan Xichen smiled politely and sat on his right. Nie Huaisang excused himself to using the restroom, leaving Jiang Cheng with Lan Xichen. When Jiang Cheng turned his head back, he found Lan Xichen staring at him with a sweet smile. His ears immediately reddened. "Why are you staring at me like that?! Is there something on my face?" Lan Xichen looked momentarily blank, before chuckling. "You should keep your hair like this Young Master Jiang, it suits you!" He said with an affectionate grin. Jiang Cheng opened his mouth, then closed it. He turned away again. "Whatever." Lan Xichen couldn't help but find this reaction adorable, and he laughed.

"Looks like A-Niang is finally getting closer to A-Die. About time as well." Lan Jingyi scoffed. Ouyang Zizhen chuckled. "Leave them be. Do I need to remind you how long it took you to realize I liked you?" Lan Jingyi and scoffed again. "It wasn't as long as this! It took them a whole 13 years. A WHOLE 13-" His sentence was cut off by a gentle kiss on his lips. He froze, earning himself a pleasant smile from Ouyang Zizhen. "Leave them be, A-Yi. They will confess soon." 

- - - - - - - - - -

When the 15 minutes ended, they gathered in a circle as they decided on who to go next. In the end, they decided to have Lan Jingyi go before Ouyang Zizhen since Ouyang Zizhen had momentarily excused himself to the restroom. Though it took some time to get Lan Jinyi back to reality, it wasn't long before he snapped back into reality. "Hello. I am Lan Jingyi. Second Heir to the Gusu Lan Clan. At the age of 3, I was abandoned by my birth parents and left on the street." This got him some pittied glances, and Jin Ling clenched his fists. "How many times did I tell him not to talk about it in that way?.." He muttered. Lan Sizhui sighed. "I stayed on the streets until Sect Leader Lan found me and adopted me into the Lan Clan, and I couldn't be more thankful." Lan Xichen tilted his head. "I adopted you?" He asked curiously. "Yes. You and A-Niang together." A murmur ran through the room. Lan Wangji raised an eyebrow. "I... Your mother?..." Lan Xichen struggled to find words. 

But I was so sure I was a cut-sleeve... I wanted to be with-

At this, Lan Jingyi snorted. "Yes. My mother, also known as the Sandu Shengshou." He turned to Jiang Cheng. "Das you." Jiang Cheng blinked. "I'm not a cutsleeve-" "That-" Lan Jingyi interupted. "is an enormous lie. Especially since you and Sect Leader Lan got married two weeks after Hanguang-Jun's marriage." The look on Jiang Cheng's face was pure entertainment for Wei Wuxian, who had been holding in his laugh. He ended up laughing so hard that he started coughing and gasping desperately for oxygen. "Jiang Cheng I thought you said you weren't a cut-sleeve!" He laughed gleefully. Lan Xichen who hasn't said anything this whole time, just stared at Lan Jingyi open mouthed, though he continued to say nothing. After getting Wei Wuxian to calm down and sit still, Lan Jingyi continued with his introduction. "It's actually kind of confusing since I am also considered Wei Wuxian's child, but nevermind that-" Wei Wuxian choked. "Lastly, I am known in the Cloud Recess as the most un-Lan Lan or whatever they call it." He rolled his eyes. "I don't get why they call me that. No sane man would reject alcohol. No offense Sizhui-" He held up his hands and chuckled nervously as Lan Sizhui gave him a menacing smile. "But like- come on- why is there even a rule about no laughing unless it's a good reason? Might as well ask us to hold our breath for the entire lecture and hope we don't die." Wei Wuxian grinned. "I can see why you are considered my child." Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. "Yes indeed he's a mini version of you. Except he's a little more-" 

Out of nowhere, a bright light materialized in front of them, cutting Jiang Cheng off. 

Everyone immediately turns away to avoid burning their eyes. 

They heard a sudden thud, but didn't dare turn to face the light.

When the light fades away, they turned their heads to find two people on the floor.

Both were wearing Lan Clothing.

Could it be?...

Lan Sizhui grinned.

"A-Die! A-Niang! You're here!"

To Be Continued →