Mornings

That night, the rooms were split based on couples. Here's how it went. The first guest room was occupied by Jin Zixuan, Jiang Yanli and Jin Ling. The second guest room was Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng. The third guest room was for Lan Jingyi and Ouyang Zizhen. The final guest room was for past Lan Wangji and past Wei Wuxian. Since past Lan Wangji and past Wei Wuxian wanted to talk about how their future went, Lan Sizhui ended up staying with Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli. Jin Zixuan was a bit annoyed at first for sharing a room with Lan Sizhui, but seeing his son's stubborn face, he gave in grudgingly.

Obviously, no one questioned where the future Lan Wangji and future Wei Wuxian went.

The question was unnecessary and unneeded.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was five a.m. when past Lan Wangji opened his eyes. He turned around, to find Wei Wuxian sleeping peacefully next to him. He smiled, seeing Wei Wuxian's soft bunny smile. He got up slowly, hoping to not wake up Wei Wuxian. However, the moment he moved to get up, Wei Wuxian's hand latched onto Lan Wangji's wrist. "Dont... Leave me..." He mumbled sleepily. If it had been anyone else who had dared to hold onto Lan Wangji like this, they would most likely have lost their head. However, this wasn't just anyone. This, was Wei Wuxian. He had no intention of letting go of Wei Wuxian, therefore, he sat back in bed, and went back to hugging Wei Wuxian.

- - -

In the room of Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen, they were both sleeping quietly without a sound. Well- at least one of them were. Lan Xichen was staring at the ceiling, thinking about the previous day. So much had happened. Couples were announced and exposed, children were reclaimed, Lan Qiren had stayed in bed for the longest time yet-. He was still deep in thought when Jiang Cheng suddenly moved, and wrapped his arms tightly around Lan Xichen's chest. He went back to being still. Lan Xichen who was caught off guard, turned left to look at Jiang Cheng. His face held no emotion. However, Lan Xichen did notice how attractive and serene he looked, with his eyes closed and hair down... he looked... a little vulnerable. Lan Xichen had to take a deep breath to calm himself, before smiling in turn to face Jiang Cheng; wrapping his arms around the other. He went back to sleep, but not before giving a soft kiss on Jiang Cheng's cheek.

- - -

Meanwhile with Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli, Jin Zixuan had just woken up, and looked down to see Jiang Yanli sleeping peacefully in his arms. His face turned bright red, but his lips curved into a soft smile. Seeing how peaceful his soon-to-be wife slept in his arms, he wondered why he didn't fall for her sooner. 

He was still deep in thought when Jiang Yanli suddenly moved, and slowly opened her eyes. She lifted her head and smiled gently at Jin Zixuan. "A-Xuan you're up already?" She said with a small yawn. Jin Zixuan just smiled, and hugged her tightly. "You still seem tired. You should go back to sleep A-Yi." He suddenly remembered something and sat up. Jiang Yanli who didn't know why he suddenly got up, blinked and also raised her head to look where he was looking.  

On a separate bed on the other side of the room, Jin Ling slept soundly on the shoulder of Lan Sizhui who in turn, had his arms wrapped gently but defensively around Jin Ling's waist. Though Jin Ling had no expression on his face, Lan Sizhui had a replica of the gentle smile Jin Zixuan always gave Jiang Yanli.

Jiang Yanli giggled and turned to Jin Zixuan, whose face had switched to that of a somewhat stern and slightly agitated. Jiang Yanli couldn't help but laugh at how protective Jin Zixuan was of their son. It made her happy that he cared for their son as much as she did.