25. My Favourite Reality.

Parineet's POV

I was preparing almond milk shake for Neeti after coming back from the hospital. She was discharged this morning and I was really very happy for her. Both the baby and Neeti are fine and her sugar levels, bloop pressure every thing is normal. I was finally relieved though she hadn't spoken a word to either of us. Bhaiya and I were tensed but we were not pushing her for a conversation. She was entitled to the time she was taking. 

"Neeti I have brought you milk shake. Drink it please." I said in a meek voice for I still had no courage to face her. She took the glass from my hand, her eyes were emotionless as she gulped it down her throat. My lips quivered at the situation, my eyes didn't leave her for a second as I watched her intently. She coldly handed back the glass and I stood up to leave when she finally called my name.

"Pari wait." I could see her hollow eyes, getting wet. I could see her struggle to get up but I immediately sat down near her and held her hand. Neeti instinctively pulled me into a hug I was dying for. My best friend was back. Neeti hugged me like her life dependent on it and I felt wholesome after so so so so long time. 

"I will kill you next time if you hide anything from me." She said while crying and looking at me. Tears flowed out of my eyes and I mouthed a sorry. "No problem is bigger than our friendship Pari. A man who had entered our lives two years back can never ruin what we have shared from our childhood days. We both deserved better and you weren't at fault. It was Sanju who was our culprit. You never were supposed to leave at the first place. You could have told me everything. Your sacrifice became a lie just because that man wasn't the right guy. Maybe yes. He loved me. He truly did but the day he married you and chose to lie, it ended between us. Your attempts to walk out and make us happy were futile Pari. And now that we have come out of it, I think we should learn from our mistakes and don't let the past affect us. I can never live apart from you Pari, you should know that."

"I know and I am sorry."

"It's okay. I am still proud of you. Now that I think about it, it was never easy for you. But you dealt with it with utmost courage. I can't even say that I can't imagine the situation you suffered from but the best part is that I can understand your emotions more than anyone in this world because unfortunately it's me because of whom you suffered so much Pari-"

"No-"

"Pari I am not referring to Sanju. He will always be the culprit and for that neither I nor you can ever be responsible. In fact if any day, this thought ever crosses your mind, then just shoo it away. I am talking about the struggle you did to keep up with our bond, you tried your level best to not hurt me and yourself and despite everything you chose me, tried to do everything in your power to make me happy. I unknowingly, made it a lot tougher for you. I kept nagging about the distance between us, about you not caring for me when it was always you who was the closest to me, protecting me from afar, caring for me the most. I am sorry Pari for all the things I said, bizarre things, useless allegations I am -"

"Stop apologizing Neeti. For something you didn't do intentionally and for something you have all the right to do. Nag, fight, scream because I know you care. People who fight are those who love us the most. And you are that person for me. I love you Neeti." I said and again pulled her in a tight embrace meanwhile we both shed some happy tears. I am so happy. All the lies, walls, covers have been put to an end. I can breathe freely, I won't get choked in my dreams anymore. The walls of my room won't close on me. The fear of constantly hurting and lying to Neeti will not be there. There would be only happiness. There will be no pain to share with Taran, I won't be bothering him anymore with something he doesn't deserve. My trust issues, my insecurities, my set of misunderstandings and my shortcomings won't be there to hamper our relationship anymore.