19. Love is stupid.

Two Weeks Later

Parineet's POV

"I am satisfied as always. You are so talented." I said to my dearest friend Neeti as she just did my makeup. With a little highlighted cheek bones, dark maroon lipstick and winged eye liner, I looked perfect. I never thought that I can carry this look ever in fact I was in a fix, a week back about what to wear and then when I found the perfect dress to wear, ( Neeti chose it ) then I again, was distressed about the look. But Neeti, the savior, had all the solutions to my problem.

A week back

"What should I do with my hairs? Which sandal should I pair up with this deep red coloured dress? This bronze or that golden one?" I said throwing the rose red coloured dress on the sofa, frowning and scrunching my nose. It is a beautiful yet simple gown with intricate designs on the bottom,   with a translucent red stall.

"Pari leave all that to me. Come here, let me apply this turmeric pack on your face, otherwise what would be Taran thinking about your less beautiful face?" Neeti sat up from the chair, taking the support from dining table. Neeti had been trying very hard to cheer herself up for it's Ayaan's marriage and she doesn't want me and bhaiya to be sad and worried about her.

"Less beautiful?" I eyed her mischievously.

"I can't call you ugly, uske liye bhagwan ji mujhe sach mein punish karenge." She laughed, cupping her pretty face. I must admit that Neeti's pregnancy had her glowing. She has become altogether more beautiful. Neeti walked towards me and I pulled her down to me, making her sit beside me.
"And I'll punish you for teasing me with his name." I said pouting. Neeti and I had spent the entire two weeks, talking and discussing about Rajeev, Taran, Ayaan and ourselves. We shared each and every detail except that me and she had the same husband. ( It doesn't even sound good.)
Nonetheless, whatever I told her about him, she has become a big fan of Taran.

"Whose?" Neeti chose to tease me.

"His." I licked my dry lower lip. I felt extremely shy. I don't understand what has happened to me but nowadays, Taran or the mention of his name alone, makes me go jelly. I can never forget that cocktail night, for so many things happened.

"Ab tujhe uska naam lene mein bhi sharam aati hai. Oh my God Pari!" Neeti's dark black, small eyes went wide in awe as she blushed. Maybe it's her reactions, that had me thinking about Taran more. Yes! It's all Neeti's fault.

"Chup kar Neeti." I said, tearing my gaze away from her.

"Then say his name." She jumped in her seat, excitedly. She sometimes behave like a kid, I swear.

"Taran! Taran! Taran! Fine??" I screamed in a low voice, with a poker face and eyes closed while she laughed.
"Now I can die peacefully." She said and relaxed in her seat.

"Dramatic!" I chided.

"Hey I am not." She looked at me, making a pout.

"Baby your mom is a drama queen." I lowered my gaze to her tummy but that instantly made Neeti angry.
"Pari stop." She called out a bit harshly. Neeti looked away for a second, biting on her lower lip, as if she was swallowing her tears. She rubbed the bridge of her nose and smiled again.
"You are looking so pretty. Taran will get crazy seeing you looking this gorgeous." She looked at me and tried to change the topic which made me sad.
Neeti has become unsure about the baby post her pending divorce. When we were talking about Rajeev, she told me her decision to abort the child as soon as possible, but somehow I and Vikram bhaiya made her understand that it would be unjust to her baby and her too. Added, due to her extreme naivety and anger, she forgot how much risky it is for both of them, In fact impossible to abort at this stage of her pregnancy.
She's still a little irritated with the reality of the situation and her pregnancy now, that once made her so happy. My heart aches as I do remember how excited she was when she broke the news of her pregnancy to me on the phone call. And now the same news has become the biggest nightmare of her life. But as much as I am concerned about the baby, I do understand where she comes from. I, was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and if I would have been pregnant by any chance, I don't know what I would have done to myself in that situation. I completely understand Neeti's stance. Not every time we can expect women to be selfless and till when? Why every time it's us, who are told to be a mother first when all men do is, cheat and move on like nothing happened. And we, just because have the ability to bring about a life in this world, have to take care of the children who once belonged to those men too. How convenient!!