5. Darasal

Taran was in the driveway, after escorting Shikha when Ayaan came in his car. He parked his car in the  parking and Taran hugged him as soon as he stepped out of the vehicle.
"Hey buddy! Finally you are here. Shikha just went home."

"Oh I missed out on her." He said moving back.

"Yeah she was insisting to stay back but she looked tired. I didn't want to bother her." Taran shrugged and they moved inside.

"Mr Taran Ahuja thinks he bothers women?" He said while walking and looking at Taran with astonishment and mockery.

"Let's chat inside and drink?" 

"I have come here to wish aunty." He tugged at his hand and laughed.

"She will have drink with us. My mom is not a party pooper you know." Taran tilted his head and said. Ayaan knows about his mother so well but always gets hesitant whenever Taran offers to drink in front of her. He respects her alot but his dear Neeta aunty doesn't mind all this.

"The coolest mom ever." He said acknowledging the same.

"I know!"

After a healthy chit chat full of laughter and lively conversations, Taran's mom left the two boys alone in the living area. She loved all the birthday presents she received specially the beautiful Lakhnawi suit Ayaan gifted. Just like other Desi mothers, she preferred preserving other gifts like crockery sets, bedsheets, purses for future use when his son will get married and there will be someone other than her to use them in this house. Taran sighed coldly at her ramblings for he couldn't see this coming true anytime soon.

"So what's with Shikha? Did she say you bother her?" Ayaan asked, looking at Taran. Both the best friends were sprawled on the sofa, with their hands lying wide open on the edges of their seat. A good drink always makes their mood good.

"No man! She's sweet. But she's unapologetically blunt." Taran was reminded of what happened an hour ago. She called him desperate indirectly.

"Hmm.."

"She thinks all I want from a relationship is romance. Like c'mon yaar. I may appear on surface that I am a romantic guy but when I talk of relationships and marriage, I mean the words exactly what they are and maybe more than that. I think she underestimates me a lot." Taran concluded and sighed after such a long confession of his feelings. Shikha's words did affect him and Ayaan could see it hence he licked his dry lip and said "Change her opinion of you. Atleast try."

"She doesn't have time for me." Taran replied quickly without wasting a minute, suggesting that he's done.

"Complicated girl. I think her parents' separation and her decision to involve herself with only work and professional commitments have taken a toll on her emotionally. She has stopped feeling and she doesn't try to." Ayaan tried to make his friend understand because alike his mom, he also sees Shikha as a good life partner for Taran. Atleast for now, when he has no other good proposal for him in hand.

"And I am done trying to woo her." Taran said making it loud and clear. He understood that Ayaan is trying to light up the things but he is done. She doesn't meet him, she doesn't call him, she doesn't make a single effort in his direction, on the top of that, she ridiculed him though he knows she never meant that. He's also a doctor, but he never used this as an excuse to simplify his personal life issues, hence he doesn't want that from his partner too.

"I understand dude. End it then." Ayaan gave up this time. He understands and respect that his friend can't give in so much of input when from the other side it's almost null.