14. Come fall in love.

Two Months Later :
Taran's POV

She sent me a thank you message with a smiling emoticon. Damn her! A single message from her and I lose it already.
I had sent Parineet an image which had the quote -
Take time out today to mention somebody you know who is working hard and tell them you are proud of them.

I sent it to her because I wanted her to know that I'm super proud of her journey. In just 13 therapy sessions, Parineet had shown tremendous growth. Ayaan is also very happy with her outstanding determination to fight clinical depression and he gave her the information some days back that now she can discontinue her treatment if she wants to, since she is totally fit and fine. Both emotionally and mentally.
I, myself have seen her talking more, when I hear, her honey like sweet voice it just makes me want to have longer conversations with Parineet, she now eats properly, our lunch dates are the best part of my routine, we often have lunch together. Wait! Dates? No! Not dates untill I ask her out officially.
Not to forget, Parieet do makes the best of food. Finger licking! Delicious!
I have had my fair chances to grab her hand made biryani, cookies and gajar ka halwa.
Ayaan was not wrong when he praised her for the halwa. When I first tasted it, I was reminded of my grand mother.

"Pack me a little for home." I said after completing the entire bowl of the sweet dish. I often get invited at her home. She smiled at me softly and nodded in return. I love it when she nods. Her beautiful plums lips pressed together in a thin, genuine smile and hairs swaying behind as she walks to the kitchen, Parineet is really a beautiful girl.
Vikram has also warmed up with me in no time. Both of them are a great company.

Parineet does not look thin or starved but gorgeously in shape now, her face doesn't lack shine and doesn't have dark circles beneath her beautiful almond shaped dark brown eyes, she admitted some time ago that now she sleeps well without worries or nightmares. She is no more stuck among faceless people who used to mock her and leave her behind wailing in her dreams.

Talking about us, Parineet and we have been on very good terms since a long time now. We are like.. umm best buddies. I love her company and she loves mine. It is that simple. We fall into conversations as easily as butter melts. There is no awkwardness, no bothering silences and tension between us. I don't have to struggle to make her talk or initiate something anymore. What I understood of her till now is, she is indeed a docile, shy and sweet type of a girl but she does not get uncomfortable around a totally opposite personality like me either. Maybe these are the perks of having a best friend like Neeti.
Parineet is a fun person to be with, she is not an introvert. The latter was a new information to me, because I used to thought that she was. But now as I talk to her, she's an extremely easy person.

"I didn't know it would be this much fun!" Parineet squealed in happiness when I took her to the empty lanes near her house at 5 in the morning to teach her how to drive the bike. I usually sat behind her, holding her, supporting her. Often her hands were in mine, my face leaning on to hers, her back colliding with my torso and we trying to normalise our racing heartbeat, be unbothered about our skin touch, and avoiding the tension. Ahem. Sexual tension.
If not her, then I surely used to have my body reacting to her touch. I used to gulp the saliva down my throat, in an effort to be not so obvious in front of her. But yes, when I started teaching her for the first time, her reaction was similar. I observed her breathing hard at our proximity and it did sent chills down my spine. I had never taught bike riding to a girl before and Parineet? She is a totally different and special person for me. I haven't been conscious and careful in front of somebody before, the way I always become sentient in front of her. It's tough to explain, I am very real, also at the same time I try that she doesn't get hurt because of me. She has had suffered from enough pain in the past and now I just want her to be happy, try new things, live life to the fullest. She deserves that. I comply to her every demand, her every wish and she easily gets overwhelmed. Silly girl.