Chap 4: Just Another Rainy Night to Die For...

First POV: Four-

For the past days, I really have been struggling to keep the contestants alive. They died helplessly, not armed, though only themselves and the killer was present.

The traces of blood have lead to answers which Golfball and Tennisball, though I barely trust them, only if they find a way to recover them. No recovery centers is pretty difficult, especially since I'd lost my recovery power, given to both Donut and X. But X's is weaker, and Donut cannot control the power.

No ways to get anyone back, but why would anyone be this cruel? I know I used to, but I changed, but why can't they?

I've also recently been suspicious of Two, since he usually disappears and when he comes back someone's dead. Plus, most of the time, the blood is black, not reddish.

Only Lollipop bled a pristine red. Pretty suspicious if you ask me...

I yawned, and heard X gently knock on the door. He opened it, then greeted with his high voice, "Oh hi Four! What are you doing in my room? Not necessarily meaning to be rude though, I'm just curious!"

"Hi X! Oh no, we'd just might lose all of the contestants by this predicament!" I replied, a streak of worry in my voice. X walked over to me calmingly.

"Oh yes, I remember the equation playground. Remember there was a time Six kidnapped us when we were small?" X replied, chuckling slightly.

"Yes, I remember that like it was yesterday, being in their small bedroom, heh... since Nine took up most of her other side."

"Sigh, I wish it stopped, Four. I'm pretty worried if you ask me... you was right. By the time of almost two weeks, everyone will be dead. And we really don't know how to deal with it, we can't do anything. We'll have to just... risk it. It'll be worth it, for sure."

"Heh, thanks X, that really helped. Risky job, but worth it." Our small conversation ended as X climbed into his bed.

I walked out, glancing behind me at him. I lightly smiled then got to my room. I opened the door then walked up to my bed. I laid down, sighed, then felt myself drift off to sleep. I soon did, snoring peacefully.

-

Barf Bag ran toward the nurses room, gasping for air. "W-what's happening, w-where's L-Lollipop?" She'd never been aware of any deaths until she couldn't find Lollipop, since every morning she'd get up and start selling her fork repellent. Well, she hadn't seen her for four days, and she'd never seemed to notice until now.

She ran toward GolfBall and TennisBall, where they were rolling a cot into a huge freezer. Probably to heal Snowball or Ice Cube, but no. She curiously asked, "Who's I-in the bed? Is someone h-hurt?"

Golfball silently nodded, then whispered, "Someone is in the bed, we're trying to see if this heals her. Heh, she might be long gone, but there's no reason for us not to see if we could revive her."

"Revive who?" Barf Bag felt suspicious, she paused then quietly walked over to the side of the bed. She panicked at whatever she saw.

Lollipop's body.

Before she was killed, she was lively with even her own alliance. A love life, anything anyone could imagine. A life.

"Barf Bag, isn't your barf molecules blocking your eyesight? Maybe you're just seeing things." Lollipop remarked to Barf Bag, crossing her arms and grunting. She chuckled snootily.

"Ugh, just listen! It's really important! You'd want to hear it." Barfbag scoffed, growling under her breath. Lollipop just clicked her tongue in response, ignoring her pouty attitude.