Four

Happy Reading.

8:20, the clock read and the doors opened. Abhimanyu and Hardik came inside holding their briefcase. Abhimanyu's coat was no longer on him instead he held it on his arms and his one hand was inside his pant's pocket.

Ishita was sitting in their bedroom, reading a book. She heard the door open and looked up to see Abhimanyu enter inside. He looked tired, she got up and poured him a glass of water till he washed his face and got fresh in the washroom.

He came out from the washroom with his shirt's sleeves rolled up till his elbow and his hair pushed back and his face with a few water drops of water. She handed him the water and he accepted it thanking him.

He sat on the bed and started scrolling through his phone, Ishita sat on the other side of the bed "Uh how was your day?" she asks him and he just hummed nodding his head "Fine" he says and Ishita's smile dropped. "Ok" she says and stood up from the bed and started arranging the room. 

Abhimanyu sensed something wrong. "Uh how was your day?" he asks keeping the glass away and switching his phone, Ishita nods her head "Fine" and turned her back to him and started doing her chores. He sighed and rubbed his hand over his face.

"Acha, listen then. My was really tiring, I had meeting in the morning and it took over two and a half hours, I didn't had any lunch because I was reviewing the papers from the meeting and then my secretary had to go home early so the burden of completing the paper work was on me all day and oh my eyes hurt due to all the screen and typing I have been doing all day" he says and then rested his head on the bed board.

Ishita smiled at his rant and then sat on the bed "Ohh it was indeed and tiring day for you. Do you want me to put some drops in your eyes? it helps them calm. And for your fingers, I can boil Luke warm water and you can dip your fingers in them, it gives them relaxing feeling" she says and Abhimanyu just stares at her while she spoke.

He smiles internally but didn't show any expression "Ya sure" he says and Ishita nodded "I can bring you dinner upstairs if you want" she asks him and he thought for a minute "I would like that thank you" he said getting up and going in the closet to change into comfortable clothes.

After a few minutes, a servant came to call them for dinner, Abhimanyu was still in the washroom taking a shower so Ishita nodded at the servant and walked down with them to get food. She saw everyone was ready and sat at the dinning table.

Hardik was on his phone and Laksh was teasing him too "Ohh are you talking to Geet??" he asked and Hardik kept his phone aside "None of your business" he says and Laksh made a face "Whatever, I am close to her more than you are! we are like besties we talk everyday in college" he says and Hardik rolled his eyes.

Ishita chuckled seeing them fighting like kids. Geetika is Hardik's college girlfriend, they have been dating for four years, they first met on Geetika's first day at the college and Hardik was in her second year. At first they both were enemies but then turned into lovers, now even their familes are waiting for their wedding.

"Bhabhi come join us" Hardik says Ishita raises her eyebrows "Um, I will be taking one plate upstairs, your brother is tired today so he is eating his food upstairs" She says and they both made an O shape from their mouth.
The boy's parents left in the evening so it was just Ishita, Abhimanyu and his two brothers in the house with numerous workers of course.

"You guys should begin" Ishita says before taking a plate full if dishes upstairs. They both nodded and served themselves.

In the room, Ishita kept the plate on the coffee table and poured a glass of water, Abhimanyu was standing in the balcony, he came inside as he saw Ishita carry food.

As he came inside, Ishita smelled smoke. She eyed him and sniffed him a little "You smoke?" she asked him and he cleared his throat before speaking "Sometimes yea" he says. "Oh" Ishita says and moves away from there.

He watches her sit on the bed and resume reading her book she was reading before. "Aren't you eating?" he asks and she just shook her head "You eat first" she says and Abhimanyu sighs, he takes the plate with him to the bed and sits next to her.

He pricks one bite from the roti and offered it to Ishita, she turns her head to other side "I don't want your smoke filled hands anywhere near me" she says and Abhimanyu frowns. "Do you have any problem with me smoking?" he asks and Ishita nodded.

"Why!" he asks frustated now, she closes her book and turns to face him "Because I don't want you dead by 40" she voices her worry.

He looks away, keeps the plate on the bed and stands up "Eat it" he says before going out of the room, Ishita frowns "Where are you going??" she asks him and he turns around before closing his door.

"Ishita I am trying to create distance between us before I loose my cool and do any harm to you. I have made more than enough compromises in my life already. Heck I didn't even want to marry so soon but I had to because my parents forced me to, so I would hope that you don't push me more into changing myself" he says and slams the door before moving out of the room.

Ishita stares at the door, a little tear dropped from her eyes and she stared at the room. The silence of the night was indulging it in she wiped her tears and takes the plate from the bed and keeps it on the table, covering it with another plate.

She was taken aback with his sudden out burst. His every word was ringing in her mind. 'did he really not want to marry?? he said so, his parents forced him. What if he just didn't want to marry ME? what if he doesn't like me?' she thinks and overthinks.

The fear of being unwanted was at it's worse in her, she waited for a few minutes but he didn't come. At last, she let sleep consume her.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading
( ˘ ³˘)♥︎