chapter 21

FEBRUARY 12th 1976

February had always been my favourite month. It was just always the best time of the year in my eyes, it would always make me happy and somewhat I never had a dull moment in that month. It was just the best.

I was lying down in Regulus' bed and he was packing his stuff early so that in two weeks he would be prepared. It was weird he was so stressed and he was scaring me. It looked like he was going insane.

"Y/n have you seen my books? Fuck oh no oh no.." he said as he scanned around the room. He went into his bathroom looking for it and I picked up the book from his drawer. I held it behind my back.

"Regulus stop for a minute and look at me," I said and he did so. I kissed him and used my wand to float it into his suitcase. "Breathe and go look." He calmed down and became more relaxed.

"Oh it's in my suitcase, okay that's good," he exclaimed and I sighed.

"I was worried you were going to have a panic attack. Luckily you didn't," I said with a relieved look. Regulus laughed.

"After you kissed me I was fine so no need to worry about me, okay love?" He said and I sat back down on his bed. Regulus proceeded to pack everything besides some clothes so he could wear them for the last two weeks we were in school.

"Regulus are you sure you are going to be okay once you go home?" I asked and he nodded.

"Like I Said I'll put that tracker on me so you know where I am at all times, so you know I'm safe," he said with a smile. I smiled back but it just didn't sit right to me, like I knew something bad was going to happen. I would offer him to come live with me but he would decline that offer. He was true to his parents, and he even said he would never betray his parents as Sirius did. I could tell Regulus hated being referred to as his brother so I stopped bringing Sirius up around him. They weren't on good terms and I respected that. I didn't want to force them to talk to each other or anything so I just left it.

"Will you visit me?" I said and Regulus stopped for a moment. He looked away.

"I'm very busy when I'm at home plus Sirius would be there so.." he said firmly.

"Sirius is staying with Remus this year. Since they are dating and all but I get it you are busy that's fine. Please write to me though," I said and Regulus nodded. I knew he wouldn't write to me but it was fine. Maybe he would but if he didn't that's personal. What went on at home was bad and I didn't want him getting caught writing to me so I said, "Actually never mind. Don't write. You might get caught." He nodded again and carried on packing. I knew he was stressed and angry but I didn't want to push it so I stayed silent and grabbed my book.

I finished the book by the time Regulus finished packing. He sat next to me and placed his hand on my waist, he then said, "I always thought you were the prettiest girl I've ever seen."

"Really??" I said as my face went pink. He smiled and kissed me on the head.

"Really," he said and I placed my hand in his. We lay down and fell asleep in each other's arms.

I woke up an hour later to find Regulus already awake, playing with my hair. "Have you been watching me sleep??" I asked and he laughed.

"If you word it that way it makes me sound like a creep," he said and I rolled my eyes with a grin on my face. I kissed his cheek and turned around to face him. "Y/n.. before I met you I lost everything, but when you walked into my life it was like you gave me new memories to cover up all the bad ones. We have our ups and downs but you never give up on me. When I told you Im waiting to become a death eater you stayed and respected me. You didn't leave me because of your parents and their views on death eaters. Y/n you make me a better person. I thank you every day for that. You care about me like no other and it brings me joy whenever I see that smile that appears on your face. I love you. I always have."

I stared at Regulus in disbelief at what he just said. I loved this boy so much and hearing this come out of his mouth made me melt. "I love you more. You're going to make me cry stop.." I said and Regulus laughed. He pulled me in for a kiss. "What time is it?"

"10:30 pm. Why??" He said and I sighed.

"I need to get back to my dorm, I was supposed to be back an hour ago but we fell asleep.." I said and Regulus started to frown.

"How about you stay here??" He said and I laughed.

"I have for the past days we stopped talking. Regulus I need to get back and pack myself. Okay??" He nodded and walked me to my dorm. We parted ways and as soon as I got into bed I fell fast asleep.

A/N
A CUTE BUT ALSO QUITE SAD CHAPTER! I have so many plans for when they all go back home so be excited..