chapter 3

SEPTEMBER 23rd 1975

I was sitting in the Great Hall by myself at breakfast when all of a sudden someone sat in front of me. It's Regulus and he has a big grin on his face.

"Hey," he said. I looked at him confused and I raised my eyebrow.

"Hi? Why are you talking to me??" I said to him confused. He laughed and it melted my heart to hear him laugh genuinely for once.

"Well, I'm trying this whole being nice thing to you, and only you. It's going to be so difficult. Your annoying voice could kill anyone. Couldn't do it with anyone else, I would get killed. Literally," he said to me and my face went pink "What?"

"Nothing you just said something that made me happy," I said softly and he gave me a perplexed look. "You said the whole being nice thing to me and only me." Regulus realised and stared at me with slightly flustered cheeks.

"Anyhow I um... Let's go to our spot," he said as he grabbed my wrist and dragged me away. We passed my brother and Sirius who looked furious, but I didn't care all I cared about was that Regulus said our spot.

We ended up at the wall we sat on yesterday. We both sat down but faced each other instead of avoiding each other. I smiled at him and he stared at me.

"Why are you smiling? It's weird. Doesn't suit you," he said with a slight laugh. I frowned at him.

"I was trying to be nice but never mind," I said while rolling my eyes. Regulus started to laugh and pushed him. We both looked at each other with blank faces and started laughing.

"Honestly I don't like you at all but it's alright sometimes when I'm around you," he said I felt myself blushing but I quickly stopped when I saw James walking up to me with an angry Sirius trailing behind him.

"Erm? What are you two doing?" James said to me and Regulus. Serious looked at me with a confused but irritated look. Regulus tensed again and turned back to his same old isolated self. I frowned and turned to James.

"Me and Regulus are just talking, could you leave please?" I said to him and James stared at me.

"You gonna be okay with just you two or??" he said. I nodded and Regulus rolled his eyes. James and Sirius walked away and I turned back to Regulus, I smiled and he smiled back and he seemed to relax again.

"I would say we are friends," I said with a laugh. Regulus rolled his eyes.

"Not too soon, I only just started to tolerate the sound of your voice. Friends is a big step but it will never happen," he said laughing he was serious though, I could tell. I sighed in relief, thankful that he didn't think I was being serious. It didn't bother me that he didn't want to be friends, Regulus had been a prick to me for years on end, and being friends was the last thing I wanted.

"Thank god, I wouldn't want to be friends with your ass either," I said. He frowns.

"Eh? There's nothing with being my friend I'm completely tolerable, on the other hand, you aren't. Thankfully you came up with an okay idea for a plan. Though being nice is getting more fucking difficult each day." he said. I rolled my eyes but a smirk appeared across my face and he laughed. Regulus started to walk to our next class and I followed after him like a lost puppy.

I felt safe with Regulus, I always did but the thought of being close to someone like that and that person not being my brother made me feel scared and vulnerable.

We arrived at our class and I sat next to him, then Lily walked in with her partner who seemed to be a Slytherin. I think his name was Evan. I noticed Regulus and Evan started to talk.

They must be friends. Strange how can one want to be friends with such a dick.

All of a sudden Lily whispered into my ear, "All day you have been drooling over a boy you supposedly hate. I think you like him." My face went red and I covered it.

"You're such a freak," said Regulus looking annoyed, then he turned back to Evan. I lifted a thumbs up, as I put my head down on the desk.

"I'm correct aren't I?" Lily whispered in my ear. I lifted my head and stared at her.

"Lily let me make this clear, very clear. I don't like Regulus, I dislike him. There's a difference. Regulus and I are trying to get along for the first time and you are going to ruin it with your delusions. Please drop it. I don't like him," I whispered with a forced smile.

Lily nodded her head in embarrassment and I laughed. Regulus seemed to be acting normally so I knew he didn't hear Lily's crazy theory. Even if I did like him, I'm a blood traitor and Regulus isn't. It would never work either way, plus I don't need to worry about that since I wouldn't want to date him anyhow. The thought of us dating makes me sick.

A/N
I hope you are enjoying the story so far!!