chapter 2

SEPTEMBER 14TH 1975

I woke up to the sound of rustling at the end of my bed. I mumbled, "Who's there?" but before I opened my eyes whoever was at the bottom of my bed was gone. I sat up and looked at the end of my bed to see a letter, with my name on it. I grabbed the letter and opened it, on it was absolutely nothing. "What a waste of time," I said and I chucked it in the draw next to my bed.

After I got up and got ready I went into the common room. On the couch were Remus and Sirius, I looked at them both a gave a smile before I walked up to the exit.

"Y/n where are you going??" said Sirius with a calm tone. I looked at him confused.

"To meet up with my buddy?? Everyone has to meet up with their buddy in the morning so no one gets lost on their way to class. Lucky for you, your buddy is lying in your arms," I said to him, Serius' face went red and I laughed. "Alright see you later," I said with a soft smile.

I went to the Great Hall and scanned the room to spot Regulus. He was nowhere to be found, "I knew he wouldn't come, for fucks sake."

"Who said that?" said a calm voice from behind me. I turned around to see Regulus staring at me. I frowned at him and he gave me a dirty look back. "You are so childish, you know?" he says. I stare at him and stick my tongue out. "Just proved my point even more, let's hope you're not the death of me," he sighed.

Both of us walked side by side to our first lesson, potions. Regulus didn't speak and neither did I, but I would nudge him into any random girl I would find walking past him so he had to apologise, even though every time I did it he never said sorry no nothing he just stared at them. Regulus never retaliated back to me which was weird because he used to do it in our fourth year. Strange.

We both arrived at potions and we obviously had to sit next to each other, since that was a part of the whole buddy system.

"Regulus," I whispered to him. He didn't respond but looked at me through the corner of his eye.

"Regulus," I whispered again. No response.

"Regulus I need help," I whispered once again. He turns to me and puts his mouth right next to my ear.

"Do me a favour and be silent, your voice is fucking annoying," he said to me with a cold and nasty tone. Although it was supposed to come in a mean way it somewhat made me blush and I turned away covering my face to make sure he didn't see my flustered cheeks.

Do I like Regulus? No! No! Remember what James said. They are bad people, rude people. Regulus is nothing but a bitch. I do not like him, and never will.

For the rest of the lesson, we sat in silence and I did no work whatsoever. However, Regulus did and he wouldn't let me look at his work because he said I needed to study more which I stared at him blankly.

The bell rang and we were already off to our next lesson, charms. I turned to Regulus while we were walking and said, "Please help in this lesson I'm lost!!"

"Nope."

"Please!!"

"Nope."

"Please."

"Nope."

"Fine be that way.. I don't need your stupid help asshole," I said firmly. Regulus just rolled his eyes.

After 2 hours of dealing with silence everywhere we went, we finally made our way to the library to study. One thing we both had in common was studying, I loved studying and weirdly so did he. We both went off and grabbed separate books and sat down across from each other on a small table. It was so small his knee was touching my knee but he didn't seem to notice, but I did, it was cute.

I started to write down notes and so did Regulus. When he picked his textbook up I snatched his notes and looked at them. "Why is your handwriting so neat? Do you practise at home or something?" I laughed but when I looked up Regulus seemed to be getting angry but also upset. As soon as he noticed I was looking he quickly turned his face blank.

"None of your fucking business is it. God, you are just like your shitty brother. You blood traitors really are freaks," he blurted out. I frowned at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't act like you're so perfect, you are nothing like your brother and that shows. I don't know how Sirius dealt with you for years," I said coldly and Regulus stood up.

"Don't ever compare me to my brother. I'm glad I'm nothing like him. He betrayed his own blood Y/n. You know that. I don't even know why I'm even trying to argue with you, fuck you Potter," he shouted.

"Fuck you too, Black," I said. Regulus storms off leaving his notes behind. I decided to take them to my dorm and give them to him later.

The rest of the day I was in a bad mood. Regulus had changed and it put me off. He was cruel and cold like someone had taken out a lightbulb and tried to flick the switches to make it bright. It's like he lost whatever light he had last year. I felt bad but he was snappy and his words were disrespectful. I didn't realise that I hit a nerve. I always do, I don't know what's so wrong with me that he won't talk to me like I'm an outcast. I'M NOT EVEN AN OUTCAST!!

As I was walking in the corridor, I saw him. Regulus sitting on the wall that looked down on the garden. I sat next to him.

"What do you want? Compare me to my brother or again or what?" he said as he turned to me. He looked tensed. I shook my head, passing him the notes.

"I know we hate each other but if we are going to do this buddy thing we have to learn to get along. Can we do that? Once it changes we will be able to say whatever we want about each other, agreed?" I said with a soft smile which he seemed to relax a bit too.

"Alright deal, but I can't promise anything nice happening," he says coldly. I laugh and nod.

"Fine by me Mr.Black," I said. He smiled ever so slightly before turning back to look at the garden down below.

Progress.

A/N
ISNT Y/N AND REGULUS JUST SO CUTE!! Also, did we all see that cheeky little Sirius and Remus scene?? The two are just awhh!! Anyhow hope you enjoyed