chapter 12

DECEMBER 17th 1975

It had been a couple of days after James, Sirius and I argued. I assumed they told Peter who was avoiding me and Remus who would talk to me but if James was around wouldn't even look at me. Sirius was avoiding me but I decided to give him some space.

No one knew about us dating besides my friends and his friends. Surprisingly his friends did not care, but mine did. Lily didn't care, and neither did Mary, Marlene and Remus. I didn't know how Peter felt but he was avoiding me, and James and Sirius's feelings were obvious.

We made our way to the Great Hall. I sat down at the Gryffindor table next to Lily, who hugged me. "I heard about your argument with James and Sirius. I hope you are okay, they are being really petty! You can be with whoever you want. Plus you guys are cute together, wait did I say that too loud?"

"No, you didn't and thanks. I'm going to try and sort my situation out with James, but I don't know what I'm going to do about Sirius," I said with a smile which I forced.

When I saw the Marauders enter the Great Hall, I decided to try and fix my and James' situation.

"James, can you come outside with me? Please," I said to him as I walked up to him. He stared at me and we walked out of the Great Hall and headed to the garden. "James look I get you're upset about me dating Regulus, but please don't act like you hate me. You're my brother I don't want to lose you. I love you."

James' frown disappears and he hugs me resting his head on my shoulder. "I love you too. I'm only upset because he's very much like his parents and I don't know if he's told you about what happened with Sirius and his family issues.. give Sirius time, he's going through a lot right now," he said looking worried.

"Yeah, I know. It's bad but trust me you guys don't know him like that, he's nice and I've been giving Sirius his space. I'll wait a couple days," I said and James smiled at me as he pulled away. We walked back into the Great Hall.

"Did it go well, my love?" Said Regulus as I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yes, and we are on good terms. I'm going to go back and hopefully, we will be sorted. I'm fine with Lily because she knew I liked you since the start but it was just them. Sirius is still upset but James told me he wanted space for a couple of days. My brother has come back to his same old soft personality and I'm glad. Peter is just being Peter so... everything is okay."

"Good."

A/N
SORRY FOR IT BEING SO SHORT !!